Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru Program
Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your Role:
This is a technical research and stakeholder management position within the electric mobility team at WRI India.
How your day will unfold:
- Assist and/or carry out qualitative and quantitative research in identified areas of work including development of publication plan, research report, technical papers etc.
- Write knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) – independently and in partnership with the electric mobility team
- Liaise with stakeholders and industry experts to produce project reports and presentations.
- Assisting in organizing events, workshops, webinars, etc. and developing presentations/ discussion materials for the same
- Provide support / collaborate with other team members
Skills and Qualifications we seek:
- Master’s degree in relevant areas such as business management, economics, or finance with an excellent academic track record
- 2-4 years of practical work experience preferably in the domains of transport, public infrastructure or policy research
- The candidate should have a good grasp on the electric mobility industry and policy landscape in India or the candidate should be willing to quickly learn new topics pertinent to electric mobility to help the team under tight timelines.
- Background in academic research, advisory or consulting is preferred.
- Should have experience in writing reports, briefs, and making presentations
- Excellent writing and spoken skills in English to coherently convey complex information to a technical and policy audience
- Responsible and self-motivated individual that can work independently or in a team
- Ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback effectively
Salary and Benefits: 8,00,000 to 9,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: 1 year Term Hire ( Extendable based on performance)
Location: Delhi, India
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Letter of Interest (no more than 250 words)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.