Manager - Electric Mobility
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
The Electric Mobility program at WRI India aims to accelerate transport electrification in India, to reduce urban air pollution and support the decarbonization of the sector. We work with national and state level governments, industry stakeholders and technical bodies across a range of projects spanning from research to policy formulation and on-ground implementation. With the growing impetus from the Government of India on the transition to electric vehicles, the E-Mobility team at WRI India offers an exciting and challenging work experience in which dynamic individuals will thrive and grow.
How your day will unfold:
This position is for a Manager with the E-Mobility program. The role offers a mix of research development and stakeholder engagement, and we are looking for an experienced professional to help lead our initiatives. Responsibilities of the position are provided below.
Project Management (20%)
- Lead day-to-day management of assigned projects to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Maintain strong communication and engagement with project partners for fruitful collaboration
- Identify new opportunities and synergies with other ongoing initiatives and projects, and support colleagues across the e-mobility team as needed
- Ensure quality of work for all final deliverables
- Undertake primary and/or secondary research to develop analyses and recommendations for the e-mobility ecosystem
- Develop and articulate clear project concepts and robust project content, backed by research and data
- Develop technical expertise in specific aspects of e-mobility, and be the go-to person within the team and externally for select areas of work
- Write knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) – independently and as part of a larger team working on specific deliverables
Stakeholder engagement (40%):
- Engage with government and non-government stakeholders and partners to communicate about ongoing initiatives
- Present insights/ findings on behalf of WRI India at relevant multi-stakeholder forums
- Liaise with academic experts, industry professionals and other external stakeholders to gather primary data, seek collaborations and undertake joint projects
- Work with team members to organize events, workshops, webinars etc. and develop presentations/discussion materials, to present WRI India’s work externally
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s degree in public policy, sustainable transportation, renewable energy, or other related disciplines, with a focus on research-oriented disciplines and an excellent academic track record
- 7-10 years of work experience, with expertise in research and policy analysis
- Impeccable writing and verbal skills in English to coherently convey complex information to a technical and policy audience
- Should have experience in writing reports, briefs and academic papers
- Familiarity with sustainable urbanization and transportation, and electric mobility is necessary.
- Willingness to learn unfamiliar subjects in the e-mobility domain is a must.
- Ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback effectively will be important.
- Should be self-motivated, and be able to lead and undertake initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience in managing small teams will be an added bonus
Salary and Benefits: 15,00,000 to 18,00,000 Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: 1 Year (Term Hire extendable on the bases of project requirement)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.