Manager - Electric Mobility
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Manager – Electric Mobility
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is looking for a Manager to work with WRI India`s Electric Vehicle (EV) team in Delhi. This individual will primarily perform research activities on the projects related to Electric Vehicles (EVs) Batteries, especially on end-of-life (EOL) recycling of EV batteries. The major tasks will include assessing EV recycling potential, evaluating risks and opportunities, developing a strategy and its implementation plan. The successful candidate will work closely with his/her supervisor.
How your day will unfold:
- Assist and/or plan research on an identified area of work including the development of publication plan, excel-based tool development, research report, technical papers, etc
- Help develop, analyze and communicate EV battery sustainability strategy and its implementation roadmap
- Liaise with academic experts, industry professionals, and other external stakeholders regularly to produce original research, and to facilitate collaborations
- Independently undertake research and projects on various aspects of EV battery recycling, including techno-economic and business aspects
- Contribute to various aspects of project delivery as needed, such as government interfacing, partner management, people engagement, project documentation, etc.
- Identify research gaps, cultivate ideas and author or co-author knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data products)
- Organize or support events, workshops, webinars, etc
- Provide research-related support to other team members in the EV team.
- Collaborate and work with to advance publications.
Qualifications we seek:
Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Environmental Engineering / Material Engineering/ Energy Science or other relevant disciplines with 7-10 years of professional work experience
- Expertise in data collection and analysis related to the End-of-Life (EOL) batteries, Material Flow Analysis, Supply Chain and Life Cycle Analysis
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, Techno-Economic Analysis modeling skills, and Excel skills are required
- Ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback effectively, think critically and strategically
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English to coherently convey complex information to a technical and policy audience
- Should have experience in writing reports, briefs, scientific papers, blogs
- Responsible and self-motivated individual that can work independently or in a team
Salary and Benefits: 15,00,000 to 18,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: : Full-time, term hire for a period of one year which is extendable at the discretion of WRI India
Location: New Delhi
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.