Manager- Design and Communication
World Resources Institute
27 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
About your role:
About Communications Team
The WRI India Core Communications team, based in New Delhi and Mumbai, oversees the strategy and outreach for the Institute in support of WRI India’s leadership, program teams, and centers. Communications is crucial to WRI India’s success at achieving rapid, systemic changes.
As the Manager, Design, you will support the WRI India Communications team. The position requires someone who is creative, a strong visual artist, meticulous and enthusiastic. An interest in environmental issues, the social sector and/or international development is highly desirable. The work will entail ideating concepts and creating the design and layout, informative and innovative communications products and infographics that convey our work visually. The position also requires you to familiarize yourself with WRI India's design principles, brand guidelines and product templates and be the final check for a number of design products.
How your day will unfold:
- Understanding WRI brand guidelines and adapting them to deliver design projects in the most effective manner.
- Creating designs, or working with vendors to deliver all types of communications material – i.e. newsletters, reports, infographics, data visualization, collaterals, presentations, brochures, flyers, posters and collaterals for digital platforms.
- Creating, or working with vendors to create powerful social media graphics and infographics
- Designing, or working with vendors to deliver interactive and engaging PowerPoint presentations
- Designing, or working with vendors to deliver graphics for videos.
- Layout and designing of communications materials for events and workshops including backdrop, standees, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, invitation cards, merchandise.
- Designing, or working with vendors to deliver logos and brand identities for specific key projects.
- Developing and executing creative ways to translate research and policy recommendations into compelling storylines, including through multimedia online content such as videos, photos, and infographics.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in Design/Communications with relevant communication design experience of minimum 5-7 years.
- Candidates with experience in working with research organizations / think-tanks will be preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign is a mandate. Strong graphic design skills include proficiency in all standard design software, including presentation applications such as PowerPoint, among others.
- Knowledge and experience in managing and supervising printers and other vendors is a must
- Additional skill sets in basic video editing, photo documentation and template-based software (such as Canva) will be considered a plus.
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communications.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with multiple team members
- Ability to coordinate with and oversee the work of multiple vendors / freelancers at any given time.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
Salary and Benefits: 15,00,000 INR to 18,00,000 INR CTC Per annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: New Delhi, India
Duration: 1 year as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Start date: As soon as possible
List of Documents to be attached:
Design portfolio to include -
- A brief description of why you consider yourself the most suitable for the assignment.
- At least five (5) examples of a mastery of basic design principles including typography, line, form, color, pattern, contrast scale, weight; creative data visualization capacity, multiple language designs, multiple audience designs and/ or advocacy/campaign designs.
Personal CV to include -
- All past and relevant experience from similar projects,
- Contact details (email and telephone number)
- At least two (2) professional references.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.