Intern - Food Loss and Waste
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
About your Role
WRI India’s Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration program aims to inform India’s transition towards sustainable food and land use systems. The focus of the work is to develop strategies around protecting, maintaining, and restoring forest and agricultural landscapes to secure livelihoods of 700 million people directly dependent on forests and agriculture and strengthen India’s environmental well-being. Our aim is that landscapes in India are governed fairly and managed well. To achieve this vision of ecosystem restoration as a critical nature-based solution (NbS) for practices like sustainable and regenerative agricultural practices we are seeking an exceptional candidate who can support project coordination and project development.
We are working on reducing food loss and waste in India through research and building a coalition of stakeholders. We are looking for an exceptional intern to support our research in policy analysis of Food Loss and Waste (FLW) at the national sub-national level.
How your day will unfold:
- Conduct secondary research and collaborate with team members to develop a policy analysis framework
- Secondary review and analysis of policies affecting FLW at a national and sub-national level.
- Research FLW policies at the global level, their output/impact, assess the scope for replication in India.Create a database of policies relating to food loss and waste. Output – excel database.
- Any Masters, preferably Agriculture, Public Policy, or Rural Development (pursuing also)
- Understanding Indian policy environment and agriculture-related policies/ schemes
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Experience in preparing reports and presenting findings.
- Excellent recordkeeping and communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
Stipend: 25,000 per month
Location: Delhi/online depending on travel restrictions
Duration: 2 Months
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.