Intern - Botnar Safer Mobility for Youth
World Resources Institute
7 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI globally, has deep experience in the road safety sector and is widely recognized as a leader on this issue. In India, we have a multi-pronged road safety strategy that looks strategically at directing our tools, research, expertise, and partnerships in ensuring safe roads for all. WRI India is looking for a candidate to assist in the delivery of the Safer Mobility for Youth project in Rohtak, Haryana.
In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for producing 3D graphics, preferably on Sketchup, 2D plans and drawings on AutoCAD, Illustrator, and layout design in InDesign. Additionally, the candidate shall provide drawings and production support for the team’s work on various road safety-related projects.
For this position, WRI is looking for candidates with strong graphic communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
How your day will unfold:
- The candidate will undertake and oversee specific responsibilities as are listed below.
- The candidate should have adequate understanding of Street design principles & Guidelines.
- Support in the production of conceptual and technical design drawings using AutoCAD, Sketchup, or other 2D or 3D softwares.
- Support with the layout of publications and documents by creating relevant illustrations, diagrams, charts, infographics, and other visual content for WRI
- Preparation of documentation videos, necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, etc.
- Assistance in conducting surveys and other project activities with youth.
- Assistance in documentation of identified locations for interventions in Rohtak.
- Assist in primary data collection, compilation, analysis and visualization.
- Assistance in conducting capacity building workshops, stakeholder engagement events and community awareness.
- Assist in outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects activities.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- • 0-1 year of experience working in the field of Urban Design or similar fields.
- Master’s degree (pursuing) in the field of Urban Design is preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing)
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD is must.
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite and Video editing is must.
- General awareness of road safety will be preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 3 Months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here