Consultant - Bus Expert: Sustainable cities, WRI India
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
How your day will unfold:
Under WRI’s sustainable cities program we use technical expertise, cutting-edge research and on-the-ground partnerships to design solutions that enable sustainable city growth. We collaborate with local and national decision-makers across states to implement projects that overcome the challenges of urbanization and make cities that are better for people. With this objective, WRI India is commencing its engagement with Government of India to work on various public transport related projects, in an initiative to support the Govt. in strengthening public transport services across India. We are looking for a candidate with considerable experience in the public transport sector with data analytics and mapping skills to help the team achieve this goal
The candidate will undertake and oversee a range of responsibilities as are listed below:
- Support in preparation of RFPs associated with bus services.
- Support in preparation of bus service contract documents.
- Advice in development of framework for bus DPRs & its evaluation.
- Advice with secondary research on disaggregated data collection practices.
- Continuous engagement with various stakeholders and assist in capacity building.
- Support the preparation of internal and external communications of the projects.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Skills and Qualifications that we seek:
- Master’s Degree in Transport Planning/Engineering or Management Studies.
- 20+ years of work experience working with any State Transport Undertakings in India.
- Experience in end-to-end execution and monitoring of the urban bus services.
- Experience in development of RFPs, service contracts and contract management practices.
- Experience in PPP based (diesel, CNG, electric) bus service contracts.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing)
- Proficiency in MS Office is a requirement.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with an eye for detail-oriented work, generating new ideas and approaches to address bottlenecks and challenges.
- Experience working on projects with a track record of delivering at or ahead of deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to plan projects and activities, work to tight deadlines, and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work in a team towards achieving a larger organizational level goals.
Compensation: Compensation shall be commensurate with experience and skills.
Duration: 6 Months (Part Time) extendable based on performance
Location: Remote (travel to different cities may be required)
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here