Consultant: P4G Summit
World Resources Institute
19 days ago
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – is a global initiative that brings together business, government, and civil society organizations in innovative public-private partnerships. We focus on breakthrough solutions that help our partner countries meet their climate commitments under the Paris Agreement and their Sustainable Development Goals in five key areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities, and circular economy. P4G supports innovative partnerships to become global models for sustainable solutions. In addition, through global convening moments such as the P4G Summit, we showcase the most innovative partnerships driving sustainable development in the world. We currently work with 12 partner countries and each partner country establishes a National Platform to engage relevant country stakeholders and progress partnerships. The Colombia National Platform is chaired by the National Planning Department and co-chaired by ANDI and iNNpulsa. The P4G Summit is a biennial event hosted by a P4G partner country to mobilize global leaders from the public and private sector to take climate and development action and to accelerate and showcase promising public-private partnerships. Colombia will host the 2023 P4G Summit.
WRI intends to award a consultant a five-month contract to support the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Colombia P4G National Platform to assist with the coordination the P4G Summit to be held in Colombia in 2023. This work will entail a combination of engagement, communications, and meeting and event coordination activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding or prior experience working with the Colombian government, stakeholder engagement and communications experience.
The consultant must have current and valid authorization to work in Colombia and must comply with local employment laws.
This position will require 40 hours of work per week and will report to the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and P4G
Scope of Work and Deliverables/Outputs
- Manage processes for the P4G summit in Colombia in 2023 by serving as coordination lead and primary focal point between entities
- To support the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) as the coordinating agency of the Summit, and as needed, support the Department of National Planning (DNP), iNNpulsa, and ANDI as P4G National Platform Co-Chairs in Summit-related efforts.
- To lead coordination and planning between various entities and agencies for Inter-ministerial Summit meetings
- Approval process of key Summit planning documents drafted by MFA with input from others Assisting city government and entities with logistics and event management of Summit
What you will do:
- Organizing, with the orientation and under supervision of the MFA, the Summit Inter-ministerial meetings (to include DNP, iNNpulsa, ANDI, Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development, ProColombia, etc.) which includes event logistics, agenda setting, invitations, note-taking, and follow-up on next steps
- Enforce the relations with the private sector and organized civil society, looking to ensure the effective participation of these sectors in the Summit
- Manage communications between those in the Summit Inter-ministerial committee, especially to approve key items such as the Summit theme, location selection, Summit responsibilities, etc.
- Once the city and/or cities are selected, to work with the MFA, ProColombia and local entities on securing venue space, accommodations, catering, side-events to Summit (such as concerts, exhibitions), etc.
- To work with MFA on developing an invitation list to attendees, including the P4G network, youth, entrepreneurs
- Support the MFA to coordinate its work with embassies accredited in Colombia (especially past Summit hosts Denmark and Republic of Korea) to leverage their networks for pre-Summit events and channel lessons learned Assist P4G National Platform and the MFA in coordinating logistics for P4G Pre-Summit events in 2022 including but not limited to UNGA, COP, etc.
- Help MFA and Colombian P4G National Platform to prepare the documents required for the Summit and its preparation.
- Ensure P4G priorities are properly represented by drafting agendas, talking points, and other useful materials for Colombia If time overlaps with the hiring of a team member to take on
- Summit coordination responsibilities, assist with the onboarding and transition plan for the new hire
- Minimum of 5 years experience, working with the private sector or government on stakeholder management
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred i.e., international development, development studies, environmental studies
- Experience engaging with government officials in Colombia
- Excellent communications and organizational skills required
- Fluency in both Spanish and English in written and oral communications required
- Experience working in challenging, cross-sectoral, multi-cultural environments and ability to work independently are a must
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
How to Apply:
Candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Candidates are expected to submit their proposed fee for this consultancy Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.