Senior Program Manager: Economic Geography
World Resources Institute
14 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is looking to hire a Managing Associate/Senior Manager with experience working on studies related to urban planning, economic development, innovation or strategy development. The ideal candidate will have considerable domain knowledge and experience in the areas of Cities, Urban planning and Jobs. The chosen candidate will work closely with WRI India’s Urban Development team, comprising a diverse range of experts in the field of urban and regional planning, GIS / remote sensing and environmental sustainability. The primary endeavor of this team is to inform policies, plans and projects at the national, regional and local levels - to shape the urban expansion of Indian cities, by balancing the objectives of environmental sustainability with equitable economic development.
How your day will unfold:
- Be the focal point for to build partnerships to advance our economic geography work. Be able to provide synthesize, shape and articulate strategy and insights from the research and analytical studies conducted by the team.
- Prepare presentations, analytical reports and research papers to succinctly capture economic insights for the dissemination of these findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in external meetings, roundtable discussions and conferences and represent organizational interests.
- Work closely with the GIS / remote sensing team members to develop economic insights from spatial data. Work closely with regional planning team members to develop policy positions on sustainable economic expansion including the conceptualization of macro level spatio-economic plans and local economic development plans.
- Support supervisor on various activities related to strategy development, institutional reporting, work advancement and fund-raising.
- Be able to take on assignments that require a fair amount of travel in India and internationally.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Economics, Urban Planning, Business
- 10 to 15 years of relevant work experience on Cities, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Jobs, Program Development
- Familiar with economic theory and tools, such as GDP forecasting, growth estimation, input-output tables, shift-share, location quotient, etc.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel tools, with a command over functions, formulae, filters, pivot tables, charts, merging datasets, validating datasets, etc.
- Be able to take on the responsibilities described above with a high level of independence.
Salary and Benefits: 22,00,000 to 24,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 1 year (Extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, India
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.