Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
Under WRI’s sustainable cities program we use technical expertise, cutting-edge research and on-the-ground partnerships to design solutions that enable sustainable city growth. We collaborate with local and national decision-makers across states to implement projects that overcome the challenges of urbanization and make cities that are better for people. With this objective, WRI India is commencing its engagement with Government of India to work on various public transport related projects, in an initiative to support the Govt. in strengthening public transport services across India. We are looking for a candidate with considerable experience in the public transport sector with data analytics and mapping skills to help the team achieve this goal.
How your Day will unfold:
The candidate will undertake and oversee a range of responsibilities as are listed below:
- Support with primary and secondary research including data collection process and practices.
- Continuous engagement with various stakeholders and contributing to the project activities.
- Support the preparation of internal and external communications of the projects.
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects and anchor partner engagement activities.
- Assistance in conducting capacity building programs and workshops.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree in Urban/Transport Planning
- 3 to 6 years of work experience working in urban transport.
- Experience in transport planning and research writing.
- Good problem-solving skills with an approach to address bottlenecks and challenges
- Excellent research and analytical skills. Experience in qualitative & quantitative analysis.
- Ability to present complex information articulately and concisely.
- Good data visualization and presentation skills.
- Good communication skills and experience in working with government.
- Experience in organizing and conducting workshops/training programs/conferences.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team towards achieving a larger organizational level goals.
- Proficiency in English is a must. (Reading and Writing).
- Proficiency in MS Office, & GIS is a requirement.
Salary and Benefits: 11,00,000 to 13,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Full time - Limited Term (1 year- extendable)
Location: Bengaluru (Travel to different cities may be required)
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Resume with cover letter
- Writing samples or reports
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staffmember
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Health & Nutrition: Personalized diet recommendation from a certified dietitian based on the physical health condition and lifestyle
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.