Senior Program Associate - Industrial Decarbonization
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Energy
WRI India is seeking a Senior Project Associate to work on Fair ad Equitable Industrial Decarbonization and support the Energy team on other projects spanning clean energy, energy access, and energy transitions. The work will look at clean energy adaption in industry and policy trends moving India towards a clean energy economy through reskilling, upskilling, and equitable transition. The candidate will be primarily engaged in technical and scientific research related to the fair and equitable transition of decarbonization of hard to abate industries, MSMEs, Industrial parks, and Commercial consumers in India. You will be reporting to the Senior Manager in charge of Industrial Decarbonization.
About your role:
WRI India is seeking a Senior Program Associate for its Energy Program. As an engagement associate you will grow the users and impact of Energy Access Explorer by strengthening data-driven integrated energy planning. Specific responsibilities will include supporting the engagement of the Energy Access Explorer (EAE) —an online, open-source, interactive platform that uses mapping to visualize the state of energy access in unserved and underserved areas.
How your day will unfold:
The Senior Program Associate will be engaging with Industries, Industrial Associations, policymakers, policy think tanks, multilateral institutions, and various civil society organizations in different states.
- Coordinate with industrial associations, state government, and other relevant stakeholders for data collection and identify opportunities for fair and equitable development.
- Develop plans and strategies for enabling fair and equitable development pathways for Industries in India.
- Lead, conduct, and guide research, and reports (online and print) on trends, tools and transition models in the clean energy space aimed at industries.
- Conduct stakeholder convening and interviews, consultations, and other engagements with cluster associations, Industry experts, policymakers and government officials as needed throughout the project.
- Plan, develop and manage the project personnel/technical experts with the skills to implement an effective communication strategy in engaging with all relevant stakeholders and managing the knowledge resources.
- Assist the team with developing capacity-building modules related to gender and social inclusion, particularly informing the stakeholders about its importance, analysis, and means for identifying opportunities, among others.
- Assist in the organizing of internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other dissemination activities.
- Ensure timely submission of deliverables and regular reporting.
Qualification and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s degree with a specialization in science/management/economics/social sciences or related field
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant full-time work experience in think tanks, industrial R&D, and research-based consulting, with proven credentials in high-level research and engagement.
- Ability to conduct primary and secondary research and contextualize the findings from the research.
- Excellent qualitative and/or quantitative research and writing skills.
- Experience in writing policy briefs/publications and delivering presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to travel to project sites/fieldwork as per the requirement of the project
- Knowledge of the fossil fuel industry, hard to abate and fossil-dependent sectors a plus.
Salary & Benefits: INR 11,00,000 to INR 13,00,000 CTC Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi/Bangalore, India
Duration: 1 year as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing samples
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.