Senior Consultant - Electric Mobility
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Senior Consultant - Electric Mobility
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
This is a technical research and stakeholder management position within the electric mobility team at WRI India.
- Provide technical support to the team in undertaking high-quality research on electric mobility, particularly concerning charging infrastructure and inter-linkages with power sector
- Support the team in liaising with key stakeholders in the EV ecosystem including policymakers, industry players, power utilities and regulators, financial institutions, etc.
- Independently undertake primary research and manage projects on various aspects of EV charging infrastructure implementation including financing, and grid impact of EV charging
- Take initiatives to solve complex problems to facilitate in charging infrastructure development in the country
- Contribute to various aspects of project delivery as needed, such as government interfacing, partner management, people engagement, etc.
- Produce independently written outputs, including publications, briefs, blog posts, articles, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s degree from reputed institutions in relevant disciplines such as energy management and power systems
- 10 to 12 years of work experience in the domains of Electric Mobility, Distributed Energy Resources, Power Sector Policies, Regulations & Reforms
- Extensive experience in academic research, advisory or consulting
- Hands-on experience in supporting international development agencies on issues related to climate change and sustainability
- Experience in important stakeholder engagement initiatives on electric mobility
- Should have contributed to a number of publications, preferably in the field of electric mobility, energy and climate change
- Experience in working in thinktank space and managing a research team is preferred.
- Excellent writing and spoken skills in English to coherently convey complex information to a technical and policy audience.
Location: Bengaluru, India
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.