Senior Associate - Research Coordinator
World Resources Institute
21 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About your role:
As Research Coordinator for WRI India, you will work with the Research Data and Innovation team to support and coordinate the research and publication process for WRI India Knowledge Products.
WRI India publishes a range of knowledge including working papers, reports, issue and policy briefs, data products, analytical tools and guidebooks that are intended to inform policy, debate and action to support our mission and goals. WRI-branded knowledge products go through a rigorous peer-review process managed by the RDI team to help ensure quality, accuracy, institutional coherence, and relevance to context. As research coordinator, you will help coordinate and manage the publication review process. You will also work with the RDI team to guide, mentor and support WRI research teams at various stages in the research process; deliver research training and workshops; and help ensure ethical research practices and the protection of human subjects in WRI research and projects.
We are looking for candidates with an interest in applied research to address India’s environmental and development challenges, and a commitment to research integrity. In this role, they will require excellent organizational skills and an ability to work collaboratively with research teams across the WRI India programs – Sustainable Cities, Energy, Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration, Climate and Climate Resilience. Candidates should have good writing and communications skills in English, as well as proficiency in Hindi or regional languages. Training in statistical methods and experience working with Indian national statistics and administrative data, geo-spatial data and designing and conducting surveys will be a strong advantage.
How your day will unfold:
Coordinate WRI India research publication process (30%)
- Maintain an overview of WRI India knowledge products, planned and ongoing, to support a systematic and efficient review and publication process.
- Keep track of RDI knowledge product categories, planning and guidance documents and standards, training materials to support and inform research teams through the publication process.
- Proactively engage with research teams, to clearly convey information and share guidance documents on WRI research standards and systems, peer review, publications processes and timelines.
- Support research teams by answering standard questions on use of the publications management system, WRI library services, referencing and citations tools and publication timelines.
- Coordinate with RDI and Communications colleagues, India and global, to support timely review, quality assurance and publication for WRI India research products and research-based communications products.
- Regularly appraise India RDI Director and Head on publication pipelines; issues and questions related to knowledge product planning, review, and publications; and provide summary reports and inputs to help manage workflow and workloads, program priorities and external deadlines.
Work with Research, Data, and Innovation Team to guide, strengthen and support WRI India research (approximately 50%)
- Help plan, organize and support RDI led or co-organized trainings, information sessions, discussion/ reading groups, research cafes, seminars and workshops.
- Contribute to the delivery of RDI briefings and information sessions on basic research tools and practices, such as referencing and citation, reviewing manuscripts, responding to reviewer comments, using available RDI guidance documents
- Under direction of the India RDI Director and in consultation with the global RDI team, support WRI processes for ethical research and data governance, and the protection of human subjects.
- Under direction of the India RDI Director and in consultation with the global RDI team, support program teams on effective and ethical data use, collection, and analysis, including the collection of primary data for implementation projects.
- Coordinate with RDI global, programs and research teams to systematize and keep track of WRI India-generated data
- Liaise with the Communications team to support joint RDI/Communications policies and processes and help review research-based communications products as required.
- Keep track of and prepare summary reports of India RDI trainings, workshops and seminars and other activities
Work with RDI or program teams on specific research or institutional projects (20%)
- Collaborate in or contribute to specific WRI research or institutional projects, as per interests and expertise.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- An advanced degree in relevant social or natural science disciplines, such as development, public policy or environmental planning, and 5 + years of relevant experience
- A clear understanding of research process, methods and standards, and experience working on interdisciplinary and applied research.
- Organized, detail-oriented and systematic, with an ability to manage multiple priorities and work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing, reasoning, and oral communication skills.
- An ability to clearly convey information on research processes and standards, and to engage regularly and constructively with colleagues and teams from different WRI programs and core functions, including Communications.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with referencing, research management, statistical and geo-spatial software is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort working with staff at different levels of experience in a diverse and global organization.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and learning-oriented.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of environmental and development issues in India and globally, and a commitment to sustainable and equitable development.
Salary & Benefits: INR 11,00,000 to INR 13,00,000 CTC Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi/Bangalore/Mumbai, India
Duration: 1 year as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Relevant writing sample
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.