Intern - Road Safety & Urban Transport
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is looking for a bright & hardworking urban designer to join our Road Safety & Urban
Transport team as an intern in Bengaluru. This individual will primarily support street design,
neighborhood planning & road safety projects. The individual will work closely with their supervisor.
How your day will unfold:
- Undertaking site-visits for recce surveys, documentation, collecting primary and secondary
- Supporting safer street interventions in the city through data analysis, design development
- Preparation of conceptual design drawings, detailed technical drawings, illustrations, and
- Perform cost estimates, quantity estimates and material specifications with little supervision.
- Engagement with stakeholders at various stages and contributing to the contextual design
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Pursuing or completed Post-graduation in Urban Design from a recognized
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, basic 3D modelling, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS is
- Familiarity and past experience with street and junction design, NMT planning, road safety.
- Familiarity and past experience with data collection, research & analysis will be an advantage.
- Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong spatial and land-use comprehension as well as excellent visual
- Excellent academic performance and strong analytical capability.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly both orally and in writing, with excellent
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced working environment and to juggle multiple
- Basic proficiency in Kannada will be an advantage.
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Bangalore, India
Duration: 2 months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here