Intern- Communication, Hydrogen
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India seeks a Communications Intern, who will work closely with the hydrogen communications team. The role would entail creating and editing various forms of content to enhance the outreach and impact of WRI India’s work. A candidate with an educational background in mass communications and/or sustainability related fields will be highly preferred. Additionally, basic knowledge of graphic design and proficiency in regional languages will be a bonus.
How your day will unfold:
- Contribute to the implementation of the team’s communications strategy in line with the project requirement(s) and in coordination with the core communications team
- Support the development and dissemination of videos, stories, infographics and voices from the field
- Support content development and implementation of awareness/capacity-building workshops
- Plan and implement the dissemination of research products through appropriate channels
- Provide necessary communications support for organizing high-level conferences, roundtables, seminars, etc.
- Develop and ensure timely dissemination of social media content, emailers and newsletters
- Assist the team with planned events, launch of research papers, op-eds, articles, etc.
- Assist the team in executing virtual events through platforms like Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet, WebEx, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Post-graduate in a related field of mass communication, public relations, sustainable mobility/ transport or environmental studies.
- 0–1 year experience working in public relations, journalism, communications (preferably social sector)
- Demonstrated experience of working on issues related to social, environmental, and climate change-related issues
- Demonstrated experience in creating video blogs, stories from the field, infographics, etc.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Canva and similar tools will be preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of the team
- Highly motivated individuals, with a proactive work style, excellent organizational and keen attention to detail, will be preferred.
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Delhi/ Bangalore, India
Duration: 2-4 months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here