Head - Program Development and Strategy, Climate
World Resources Institute
9 days ago
Head of Program Development and Strategy
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently, over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Climate
At WRI India’s Climate Program, we focus on integrated solutions that can enable a low-carbon transition in India, while ensuring that the transition is equitable and just for its people and protects natural resources. Through applied research, the use of frameworks and tools, partnerships with key stakeholders and ground-level implementation, we seek to achieve impact at scale.
About your role:
The Climate Program at WRI India seeks a Lead for Program Development and Strategy to support the program’s next phase of growth. The selected candidate will work with senior leadership of the Climate Program to strengthen program strategy, strengthen planning and monitoring functions to manage risk and support the program in its next phase of growth. The role will require an understanding of strategy development for research and policy action, experience in managing multiple stakeholders, and a broad understanding of the landscape of low-carbon transitions in India.
How you day will unfold:
- Support the program’s leadership in the organisation’s strategy development and refresh processes, to align the team and organizational goals, and position the strategy in line with state/ country priorities.
- Provide hands-on advice and support in planning, development and effective delivery of the Climate program’s vision and strategic objectives
- Provide inputs to improve the program’s operational effectiveness and lead the implementation of these recommendations in coordination with program leadership.
- Develop and maintain broad, but pertinent know-how of issues related to the Program’s project portfolio and its strategic goals to support collaboration with other WRI initiatives and programs.
- Stay updated on international and national policy landscape on issues pertinent to the work and goals of the program, identify and propose strategic opportunities for the program that aligns with the goals
- Support the development of new and strategic work areas by creating actionable plans and identifying capacity and resource needs in association with the development team, if need be.
- Structure and oversee internal planning and review processes.
- Design and deliver knowledge sessions to the project teams on strategy development
- Support the team in donor cultivation efforts, including developing contacts and relationships with current and potential donors, organizing meetings, leading preparatory efforts for key meetings, and tracking donor engagement with an emphasis on improving donor efforts.
- Assist the senior leadership with proposal pre-requisites in Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and EOI (Expression of Interest) and guidance documents from Bilateral/Multilateral Donors in coordination with the Development team and identify risks if any.
- Support the team’s leadership and communication personnel to develop material for other external engagements. Prepare reports and presentations that effectively communicate the climate program’s vision, goals, activities and outcomes for internal and external stakeholders including senior management meetings, executive team, donors and board.
- Support the team to scale partnerships in a sustainable manner, creating impactful collaborations.
- Serve as an internal coordinator for the Climate program, to support collaborations with other programs within WRI India and globally.
Requirements and skills that we seek:
- 15 Years+ relevant full-time work experience with demonstrated involvement in strategy development, business development, change management or related roles.
- Understanding of the national and international climate and/or energy landscape and policies will be strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in decision making, problem solving, and big-picture and systems thinking
- Experience in development, environment and non-profit sectors is preferred.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in working on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working with the team and independently.
Salary and Benefits: 30,00,000 to 34,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 2 year (Extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, India
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.