World Resources Institute
26 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
About your role:
WRI seeks a highly motivated and independent person with strong technical research and communication skills to work as Enterprise Architect for Operations. The position can be based anywhere globally with preference for India, US, or Africa and will work for WRI’s Information Technology Department.
The Enterprise Architect for operations will be responsible for helping improve work efficiencies through internal knowledge sharing of content and constituent interactions. The role would not work on content development nor knowledge sharing systems that are intended for external audiences, but may support teams as needed to manage content flow from internal to external systems.
The Enterprise Architect will support the IT department in developing and delivering training materials, related project plans, and solution implementations. The role will facilitate and help implement OneWRI Initiative in all offices globally.
International travel will be expected.
How your day will unfold:
Enterprise Architect for Operations is responsible for designing architecture for WRI operations across the Institute. Defining overall organizational system and application architecture and providing vision, problem anticipation and resolution to the Institute. Participates in creating strategies and policies to meet overall mission and business goals. Oversees implementation of architecture system and advises adjustments to management. Creates functional strategies and objective for the sub-functions. Provides budget/policies/procedures to support functional infrastructure. Supports and promotes governance model and technical infrastructure. Has deep knowledge of the managed sub-functions and departmental functions. Forecasts and plans strategies for data and technology transitions, future goals and needs.
- Enterprise Architecture Global Strategy Development and Delivery
- Lead the development of the Enterprise Architecture guard-rails, strategy, and roadmap and ensure integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans through coordination management.
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technology and solution architecture requirements; analyzing industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the Institute.
- Partner with verticals, leaders and subject matter experts to assess current-state business architecture and identify gaps between the current and desired future-states.
- Lead and participate in the development and management of high-level projects or initiatives to close the gaps between the current and future–state architectures, including technology road maps, proposed change projects and target metrics.
- Define a clear vision that enables business innovation for the organization through the use of technology.
- Ensure alignment between business and IT needs and objectives while focusing on best practices, awareness of emerging trends and striving towards innovative solutions that create a competitive advantage.
- Assess technologies and implement technical architectures to increase business agility and manage complexity.
- Lead, develop and coach the Enterprise Architecture team to continually improve IT capabilities necessary to increase performance of the organization. Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business.
- Work with employees on their career development. Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Manage performance issues when necessary.
- Ensure that all Enterprise Architecture services and processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with policies and applicable standards, legislation, and regulations (e.g. TTB, Sarbanes-Oxley, GDPR, HIPAA etc.)
- Work with the IT leadership team to plan future skill needs to acquire and develop the appropriate mix of business, data and process knowledge, technical skills and competencies.
Qualifications and Requirements that we seek:
- 12 years of experience in business and data analysis and process flows
- 12 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines or 5 years of experience in enterprise or solution architecture, business analysis or business strategic planning.
- Experience of leading qualification and implementation of enterprise-wide business solutions such as ERP, EPM, HCM, etc. for a global organization.
- Strong ability to represent and document business processes, interactions and data flows, use cases, and test cases.
- Strong knowledge of solution development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- This position requires many skillsets from project management, requirements gathering, testing training, and post deployment support.
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
- Deep and practical understanding of the IT architecture discipline, processes, concepts, and best practices
- Strong strategic planning capabilities (processes, tools, deliverables, collaboration with architecture) and credible relationship management experience
- Knowledgeable in designing and constructing business processes, functions and organizational structures
- Understanding of Cloud based ERP solutions.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and metrics development
- Understanding in innovative business model, vision and processes
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches
- Ability to translate business needs into Enterprise Architecture requirements.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies.
- Ability to remain neutral towards technology, vendor and product choices, as well as to be more interested in results than in personal preferences.
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 2 years as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Delhi/Mumbai/Bengaluru, India
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Resume with cover letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance.
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.