Electric Bus Intern - Electric Mobility
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About your role:
Support on Research and Handholding of Agencies on Electric Buses
Secondary research on
- Baseline study of Electric buses in India
- Existing policy conversations on ebuses
- Detailed study of RfP’s of electric bus procurement in India
- Best practices in e-bus procurement internationally
- Support the e-bus engagement with partners and agencies
- Support the team on events, capacity building activities
- Scientifically collating and analyzing evidence of the above-mentioned sectors.
- Coordinate with govt agencies, experts, civil society on qualitative data collection and stakeholder consultations.
- Communicating research findings in diverse formats (report, papers, blogs, policy briefs and issue briefs, presentations) suitable for stakeholders in government, private and non-government sectors, with a focus on influencing policy and practice.
Skills and Qualifications we seek:
Education: Pursuing post graduate degree in public policy, urban or transport planning, environmental studies or related fields
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a requirement
- Proficiency in GIS would be an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of electric vehicle segment, public transport and planning theory
- General awareness of environment and climate domain – key issues, events and updates
- Excellent/ Strong research, interpersonal/ written/ communication skills
- Comfort with quantitative data/analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure
- Ability to think creatively
Stipend: 25,000 Per Month
Duration: 3 Months
Only Qualified applicants should apply online athttps://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.