World Resources Institute China Office (WRI China) is seeking a Research Associate, who will work on China’s green and sustainable finance, especially focusing on supporting the financial institutions to boost investments in accelerating the net-zero transition in China.
The position is expected to interact with financial regulators, financial institutions, industrial associations, local governments, thinktanks, research institutes and other stakeholders. Active collaborations with WRI colleagues at WRI China and across the programs and countries, as well as external partners are required.
- Conduct and manage science-based research and develop knowledge products and materials together with WRI colleagues and external partners.
- Co-author and publish knowledge products, including reports, working papers, expert notes and practice notes etc. in both English and Chinese, and coordinate publication process.
- Prepare high-quality event blogs and op-ed articles based on research and provide support for preparing communications products.
- Prepare and present research findings at internal and external meetings as needed.
- Assist in the development of the Sustainable Investment Program’s strategy and contribute expertise to project development and planning.
- Support project management work to ensure that the research work has tangible outcome and remarkable impact.
- Assist in engagement and collaborations with relevant government agencies, research institutions and other domestic and international partners.
- Support identifying fundraising opportunities and lead drafting fundraising proposals.
- Other tasks directed by the China Sustainable Finance Lead.
- Master’s degree, preferably related (but not limited) to finance, economics, energy, environment or public policy, with an excellent academic record.
- Minimum six years of relevant full-time work experiences in thinktanks, research institutes and other related organizations, or project track records on green and sustainable finance will be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research, as well as possessing excellent professional writing and presentation skills in both Chinese and English.
- Good team player with good work ethics and proactive communication skills, and be willing to roll up sleeves to manage multiple priorities and do detail work.
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally.
- Reporting: Sustainable Finance Lead, Sustainable Investment Program, WRI China
- Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
- Duration: Full-time
- Location: Beijing, China
- Application deadline:Open till filed
About WRI China
WRI China was established in 2008 as WRI’s first international office. Currently, WRI China has more than 50 full-time staff members working on Climate, Energy, and Cities & Energy, Sustainable Cities, Sustainable Investment, and Food & Land. We engage with businesses, policymakers and civil society at the local, national and international levels to advance transformative solutions for sustainable development and “ecological civilization”. WRI China recently registered as a foreign NGO under the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: Climate, Energy, and Cities change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.