Project Coordinator, China Sustainable Investment Program
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
World Resources Institute China Office Sustainable Investment Program is seeking a Project Coordinator to provide project coordination and operations support. You will support operations management work for multiple projects within the program, with focus on green finance direction. We require excellent attention to detail, good understanding of team dynamics, goal-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills and coordination ability, strong time and priority management abilities.
- Draft, review, process and monitor subgrants and contracts to ensure compliance with INGO law, funder requirements and WRI policies
- Provides guidance to partner organizations and consultants to ensure their compliance with INGO law, funder requirements and WRI policies, while proactively and professionally communicating with partners and consultants
- Support technical team and operations manager to ensure cost-effectiveness of subgrants and contracts
- Coordinate with technical team to monitor the progress of partners, collect reporting documents from partners and process payments timely
- Coordinate financial management by updating budgets, reviewing, and tracking expenses vs. planned budget to ensure costs are recorded properly and funding is spent in a reasonable manner
Communication and event support
- Provide logistic support for internal and external workshops, conferences, expert consultations, and other events in collaboration with partners and stakeholders
- Translate bi-lingual materials around events, publications, press releases, web development, and blogs of the program
- Coordinate the program team to prepare annual work plan and reports required by supervision agencies and ensure all required supporting documents are submitted timely
- Prepare reporting documents for WRI monthly and quarterly review
- Coordinate within WRI on any cross-program cooperation and activities relevant to Sustainable Investment Program
HR and Administrative
- Provide administrative support for sustainable investment program, including regular internal meeting coordination, travel arrangement, etc.
- Support intern management
- Provide other administrative support as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in project management, operations management, public administration, English or related fields) with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 2-year work experience on project coordination, financial and contract management
- Excellent speaking and writing abilities in Chinese and English, and outstanding inter-personal skills
- Ability to write in an organized, clear, and articulated manner
- Goal oriented and highly motivated
- Good time management skills, with demonstrated capacity to work well under pressure with competing demands and deliver under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel and to concentrate on field work as needed
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office, web-based communications (Teams, Zoom, etc.), and internet research
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and institutional values
Reporting: Sustainable Investment Program Operations Manager
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
Application deadline: 8/31/2022
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter by the date of the f application deadline. An application should be submitted to the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
The final candidate will be required to take an oral and writing test.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world overcomes this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
What we offer
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is nearing $200 million.
Our values and mission
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.