Green Finance Research Analyst, Sustainable Investment Program, WRI China
World Resources Institute
25 days ago
To achieve the targets in Paris Agreement to keep the global warming below 1.5℃ and China’s commitments of emission peaking by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2060, it is essential to have China’s financial system to support for a just climate transition, since the tougher decarbonization tasks across sectors demand climate action in the financial sector to mainstream the investment flow towards to green development and sustainability.
We seek a Research Analyst to support the Sustainable Investment Program work in China. The Research Analyst will undertake research on China’s green and sustainable finance ecosystem, especially focusing on financing China’s just energy transition. The position is expected to interact with financial regulators, financial institutions, thinktanks and other stakeholders. Active collaborations with WRI colleagues at WRI China office and across the programs and countries, as well as external partners are required.
Projects research (70% of time)
- Undertaking evidence-based research on China’s green and sustainable finance development, including literature review, policy studies and data tracking focusing on energy sector financing, climate-related risk management and ESG investing.
- Co-authoring knowledge products, including blogs, working papers and reports.
- Preparing presentation slides and presenting at internal and external meetings.
- Contributing to project concept papers, proposals and progress reports.
Projects administration (30% of time)
- Supporting program’s daily operations and assisting to organize internal and external convenings.
- Conducting outreach and engaging partners, as well as WRI colleagues across the programs and countries.
- Supporting program’s fundraising documents preparation and opportunities identification.
We need you:
Education: You hold a master’s degree, preferably related (but not limited) to finance, economics, energy, environment or public policy, with an excellent academic record.
- Experience: You hold at least 3 years of relevant full-time work experiences in thinktanks, research institutes and other related organizations, or project track records on green and sustainable finance will be a plus.
- Professional abilities: Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research, and professional written and presentation skills in Chinese and English.
- Others: We hope you have good team player with good work ethics and proactive communication skills, and willing to roll up sleeves and do detail work.
- Reporting: Sustainable Finance Lead, Sustainable Investment Program, WRI China Office
- Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
- Duration: Full-time regular
- Location: Beijing, China
- Application deadline: July 31, 2022
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of application deadline. An application should be submitted the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world overcomes this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
What we offer:
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is nearing $200 million.
Our values and mission:
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.