Engagement Specialist & Research Analyst, China Sustainable Investment Program
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
WRI China Sustainable Investment Program (SI Program) is seeking a Research Analyst & Engagement Specialist to undertake research on China’s green and sustainable finance ecosystem and to help amplify the influence of our efforts in the areas of greening China’s overseas investment and financing China’s carbon neutrality.
Project & Research (50%)
- Conduct evidence-based research and landscape analysis on China’s green and sustainable finance, starting from energy sector financing via reviewing literature, conducting landscape analysis, holding in-person interviews, and convening dialogues with stakeholders.
- Track and update policy and market progress from financial point view, focusing on China’s journey towards carbon neutrality and overseas green investment, and developing bi-monthly brief.
- Contributing to project proposals and progress reports.
Communications & Engagement (50%)
- Work closely with WRI China Comms to develop the communication & engagement strategy, editorial and event calendars for the SI Program.
- Support the SI Program to produce knowledge and communication products, including blogs, press release, media interview, working papers and reports, to ensure they are consistent with WRI’s quality standards and communication guidance.
- Support the SI Program to build and facilitate China’s green and sustainable finance ecosystem by convening with purpose and partnership building.
- Education: You hold a master’s degree, preferably related (but not limited) to finance, energy, environment or public policy, with an excellent academic record.
- Experience: You hold at least 3 years of relevant full-time work experiences in thinktanks, research institutes and other related organizations, or project track records on green and sustainable finance will be a plus.
- Professional abilities: Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research, and professional written and presentation skills in Chinese and English. Comprehensive understanding and sound skills of communications and engagement.
- Others: We hope you are an excellent team player with good work ethics, willing to roll up sleeves and do detail work. Commitment to WRI’s mission and institutional values.
- Reporting line: Sustainable Finance Lead, Sustainable Investment Program, WRI China
- Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
- Duration: Full-time regular
- Location: Beijing, China
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Application deadline: October 31,2022
How to Apply
[Please indicate if a cover letter and/or additional application materials are required.]
Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Finalist candidates will be required to take a written test.
About WRI China
WRI China was established in 2008 as WRI’s first international office. Currently, WRI China has more than 30 full-time staff members working on Climate & Energy, Sustainable Cities, Green BRI, and Food & Land. We engage with businesses, policymakers and civil society at the local, national and international levels to advance transformative solutions for sustainable development and “ecological civilization”. WRI China recently registered as a foreign NGO under the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.