We are seeking a Communications Assistant to expand WRI’s outreach and profile in China. This position will work closely with the Communications Team and program staff in China office and other communication colleagues from other WRI international office worldwide. It requires a broad range of professional communication skills, including writing, editing, translating, content development, event management, social media, etc. The position will be based in Beijing but requires some domestic and international travels.
- Actively join communication & media research work together with internal and external experts, including conducting desk research, managing media database, formulating media analysis reports and planning communication seminars.
Writing & Editing:
- Write and edit communication products independently, like press releases, insight articles and event talking points.
- Draft and review programmatic communication materials to ensure that they are prepared presented in a way consistent with WRI’s quality standards.
Programmatic Communication Support:
- Work closely with program teams (cities, climate & energy, sustainable investment, food & natural resources) to support design and deliver effective and impactful communications strategies, plans and activities.
- Support programmatic communication activities and events, including media invitation, promotion materials design & production, agenda coordination, travel arrangement, etc.
- Help to build up staff’s communication capacity
Communication Coordination and Media Relations Maintenance
- Support regular coordination work among China office and other international offices.
- Oversee the development of communication materials, including contracting translators, designers, and printing house, to ensure timely and high-quality production of materials.
- Support managing domestic & internal media network.
- Support media package preparation, including press releases, advisories, fact sheets, quote sheets, etc.
- Master’s degree or higher (preferably in communication, international relations, sustainable development, or other related fields) with an excellent academic record
- Strong interests and relative issue knowledge in sustainable development-related topics.
- Excellent learning ability.
- 2-3 years of experience in similar capacity.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in Chinese and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate to work with people across all levels and with different cultures.
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and values.
- Prior engagement on environmental and/or international development focus area is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and other collaborative work platforms.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience and skills
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Beijing, China
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 9/16/2023
How to Apply:
- Your resume with a cover letter.
- Your portfolio, which can include links or pdf of your released articles, papers, events that you were deeply involved in preparation and implementation, or any other works can prove your qualifications.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.