CAC Research Analyst, China Sustainable Investment
World Resources Institute
30 days ago
World Resources Institute China Office (WRI China) is seeking a Research Analyst, who will work around renewable development and investment in the context of China-Africa cooperation. This position will contribute to the research and engagement in the fields of climate, energy, and investment.
- Conduct science-based research together with internal colleagues, external partners and consultants
- Co-author and publish WRI knowledge products such as reports, issue brief, working paper, etc. in both English and Chinese, and coordinate publication process
- Liaise with external partners to ensure the research and engagement progress is on schedule and collect comments and feedback for the research product drafts of partners
- Conduct surveys, interviews and field visits together with partners
- Present research findings at internal and external meetings as needed
- Organize internal/external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other project dissemination activities
- Assist in project management work as needed
- Support other activities as needed
- Master’s degree in energy policy, power market, international development cooperation or related fields
- Minimum two years’ work experience in energy policy research on renewable energy, low carbon, and China-Africa cooperation, etc.
- Strong quantitative research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, preferably with publication experience
- Ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities, take initiatives, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with good work ethics
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker we can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally
- Professional proficient in Mandarin and English
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Reporting: Associate, Sustainable Investment Program
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
Application deadline: 09/30/2022
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter by the date of the f application deadline. An application should be submitted to the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world overcomes this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
What we offer
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is nearing $200 million.
Our values and mission
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.