Woodwell Climate Research Center
Falmouth, MA, United States
30+ days ago
The Communications team seeks a summer intern to support efforts to develop marketing and fundraising campaigns. The candidate's primary responsibility will be to support Woodwell’s Digital Content Manager in performing research, analyzing, and compiling data, and producing written marketing materials.
- Support research activities such as communication planning, material development, focus groups and interviews, partnership development, outreach, website management, and/or social media engagement
- Research and develop media and partner outreach lists
- Write content for websites, emails, and multiple social media channels
- Work with Digital Content Manager to brainstorm and develop multimedia content to support campaigns
- Assist in tracking and creating materials to support events
- Compile and analyze qualitative and quantitative research data
- Develop analytics reports to monitor the evaluation of campaigns
- Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently enrolled as a college/university student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
- Must be a rising Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent writing and interviewing skills
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research and compiling data
- Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs
- Strong oral and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
Application review will be ongoing.
Classification and Compensation: This is an 8–10-week summer internship from June 13 through August 19, 2022.
Location: Falmouth, Massachusetts or remote.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send your cover letter addressing your experience and qualifications in relation to the responsibilities of this position, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references as a single PDF to our career’s portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please type NCCI22 on all correspondence.
Please visit Woodwell's website to learn more about Woodwell’s work.
Woodwell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Woodwell is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Woodwell
Climate change is the greatest challenge of our lifetimes. Woodwell Climate Research Center (Woodwell) understands that the climate crisis—from causes to consequences—is inextricably linked with persistent social injustice. Effectively addressing either requires addressing both. The climate crisis demands that we bring to bear all of the knowledge, expertise, innovation, and creativity that we can collectively muster, and those who have been marginalized and disproportionately impacted must be heard.
The work Woodwell does—the questions we ask, the ways we seek answers, and the strategies we put forward—is stronger when shaped by a diversity of knowledge, perspectives, and experiences. We strive to welcome, respect, and amplify differing voices. We value individuals as they are, with all their differences in race, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, and mental and physical abilities.
Woodwell acknowledges that our organization, and the scientific community more broadly, have a long way to go in living up to these ideals. We approach the work of improving our organization with the same ambition and commitment to systemic change that we bring to addressing climate change.
We will inevitably make mistakes, but we will continue to listen, learn, and do this critical work. We understand that this work requires an ongoing commitment from each and every one of us. We are actively engaged in building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive culture within our organization, and in fostering greater diversity in climate science.