At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
Our Operation & Maintenance department is looking for a Business Development Manager, who will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth market research to identify market trends, opportunities, and potential growth areas within the second-hand PV equipment sector
- Build up the short, mid and long term plan to execute the defined strategy
- Manage PV second-hand activity team, defining and onboarding the right resources to growth the business as per the strategy
- Manage and improve safety within your perimeter applying Voltalia highest safety standards, keep growing the safety culture to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Manage facilities related to the activity
- Define the processes and tools to enable the growth and related implementation and management
- Develop partnerships for spare parts procurement, identifying, cultivating, and maintaining partnerships with suppliers, manufacturers and other O&M providers
- Manage service partner relationships: build and manage strong relationships with service partners responsible for inverter and component repairs
- Create and expand sales channels for Voltalia's refurbished and second-hand solar equipment, targeting diverse markets including B2B and B2C
- Oversee and manage inverter maintenance contracts with customers to ensure quality service and adherence to contract terms
- Manage the relationship with clients to secure long term collaboration
- Follow up financial topics, build up the budgets, follow up your P&L and report the results on quarterly basis
- Create and maintain detailed financial models to assess the financial viability of various projects, including sales, procurement, and contract management.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate risks associated with the second-hand equipment business, including market risks, technical challenges, and contractual obligations.
- Degree or Master in Electrical, Electronics or Automation Engineering
- Experience in inverter or similar devices repairs, from the manufacturer perspective
- Experience in business development
- Experience in team management
- Experience in handling suppliers
- Advanced English reading/writing/speaking (mandatory)
- Availability to travel abroad for limited periods
- Strong entrepreneurship
- Initiative, proactivity, autonomy, sense of responsibility;
- Ability to create, defend solutions and implement them;
- Ability to motivate and persuade;
- Ability to manage stress and handle with deliveries under pressure;
- Organization and method;
- Practical sense and pragmatism;
- Very good communication skills