Legal Counsel - Paris M/F
26 days ago
At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
We are looking for a talented and experienced French legal counsel to join our company as we grow rapidly and expand into different markets across Europe and Africa. This position will be based in Paris and will have these reponsibilities:
- Manage and supervise a variety of regulatory and commercial matters across the EU and Africa region to support the business in the development of the projects and in the expansion of the new opportunities;
- Support preparation of public tenders and submission of documentation;
- Provide legal guidance and innovative solutions to different internal teams;
- Support the Development area and the different teams involved in the drafting and negotiation of the documents, supporting their activities and the development of the projects, including drafting, negotiating and advice on commercial agreements as land options, leases, connection agreements, power purchase agreements, tender documents, etc.;
- Follow-up the projects through financial close, requiring review and drafting of loan agreements, security agreements, common terms, liaising with lenders legal advisors, etc.;
- Review and advise on legally binding documents, follow-up and advise on negotiations;
- Support and advise development managers in the analysis of new markets;
- Contribute to the strategic and budgetary planning process of the area;
- Contribute to the risk assessment of the business unit activities, its business partners, suppliers and other business stakeholders;
- Draft and negotiate other contracts such as LoIs, NDAs, MoUs, GTC, etc.;
- Identify and maintain a network of legal partners capable of globally support the needs of the business unit in terms of local legal advice.
- Extensive knowledge in renewable energy projects and international tenders;
- Extensive knowledge of French law and Droit Ohada;
- Experience in the drafting and negotiation of power purchase agreements is a plus;
- Proven track record of complex commercial regional negotiations;
- Some background in M&As matters and in Project Finance is a plus;
- Must have international experience.
- Ability to communicate legal risks and recommendations internally;
- Problem-solving capabilities;
- Strategic thinking and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive and creative legal analysis will be key.
Voltalia France SA
Development Europe, Africa & International