At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
Under the authority of the Director of Information Systems, the Operations Manager ensures the effective organization of all technical IT services delivered to users and business units in the EMEA (Europe Middle-East Africa) region.
Definition and monitoring of users services:
- Organize the missions of IT Support Coordinators to ensure users-services.
- Coordinate different resources (internal/external) to ensure user support on each site in collaboration with IT Support Coordinators.
- Develop, in collaboration with IT Support Coordinators, communication and training plans for users on existing solutions and best practices.
- Manage the budget allocated to IT services, optimizing costs and maximizing value for the organization.
- Define the EUS 2027 strategy to establish an organization capable of supporting the company's growth and the increasing demands of users.
Management of technical infrastructure:
- Implement and oversee the operation of the company's IT resources (internet access, servers, databases) whether local or global (especially in the Microsoft Azure environment).
- Define a service catalog for business lines, including the offered service levels, with monthly monitoring of subscribed services.
- Define the strategy and organization needed for operating local production sites' (OT & IT) resources, in collaboration with O&M & COE managers.
- Apply strategies defined by the Security/Infrastructure team in different countries and ensure overall consistency of infrastructure solutions with IT Support Coordinators.
- Ensure system security by implementing security policies, backup plans defined by the Security/Infrastructure team, and measures to prevent cyberattacks.
- Assess infrastructure needs and propose improvements to optimize the efficiency and reliability of systems in collaboration with the Security/Infrastructure team.
- Collaborate with the Solutions team during the launch of new IT projects to ensure the proper consideration of its scope's specificities and the organization of technical and functional support to be implemented.
Management of the IT equipment
- Monitor asset tracking (especially laptops and smartphones) to ensure the correct application of processes and procedures by all local teams.
- Study and propose optimization of the IT equipment (leasing vs. purchasing, Group purchase contract), considering environmental impact, for potential implementation within the scope of responsibility.
- Organize and monitor the tracking of O365 user licenses (Modern Workplace).
Management of suppliers and contracts:
- Identify and establish local partnerships with the help of IT Support Coordinators.
- Monitor supplier performance, resolve contractual issues, and initiate corrective actions if necessary.
Audit and integration of IT for future external acquisitions:
- Participate in the acquisition processes of new subsidiaries by identifying and quantifying future needs and potential risks.
- Integrate newly acquired subsidiaries into the IT infrastructure and implement support processes identical to existing subsidiaries.
- Establish necessary dashboards for overall monitoring of Support and Operations team activities.
- Ensure the correct application of all existing procedures and processes by Support and Operations teams (to be created).
- Ensure the existence and relevance of RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) to streamline cross-functional actions, especially with global teams (Solution & Security/Infrastructure).
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Develop the skills of team members (awareness/training - individual interviews - training needs).
- Define and lead the IT technician community within the IT department.
At least 10 years of experience in this scope of responsibilities.
Advanced knowledge of user support processes (management of assets, incidents & requests, and production follow-up).
Knowledge of tools: Active Directory (AD Account Creation), Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Azure AD, Ticketing Tool (preferably SDPlus).
Proficiency in professional English (reading, writing, and speaking).
“Make it happen” attitude
Sense of organization and service
Ability to learn and self-train
Voltalia France SA