At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
The Deputy Group Procurement Director will play a critical role in overseeing and optimizing the procurement processes across the organization. This position will collaborate closely with the Group Procurement & Contract Director to develop and implement procurement strategies that align with the company's overall objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in procurement, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- Strategy Development:
Analyze market trends and identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Team Leadership:
Mentor and Coordinate Regional Procurement Team Leaders to ensure best conditions (prices, delivery, etc…) are shared across countries/projects/suppliers while fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture. Provide guidance on complex procurement negotiations and contracts.
- Process Optimization:
Create, structure and improve procurement processes to enhance efficiency and reduce costs. Implement best practices and innovative solutions in procurement operations.
- Supplier Management:
Oversee the development and maintenance of strong relationships with key suppliers.
Negotiate and manage contracts to ensure favorable terms and conditions for the organization.
- Risk Management:
Assess and mitigate procurement-related risks, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards. Develop and implement risk management strategies in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or Equivalent, MBA as a plus
- 15 years of experience in the industry, ideally in construction
- 5 years min in solar and/or wind industry, 5 years min in Procurement/Supply chain position
- Used to work with international, multi-cultural teams, in multiple times zones
- Energy sector Knowledge (IPP, funds, Solar EPC, Solar suppliers)
- English mandatory (French or Portuguese a plus)
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- Good contractual/legal skills
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices, regulations, and market trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and negotiate successful solutions
- Strong attention to detail and process
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources;
Voltalia France SA
Contract Mgt / Procurement