Project Manager M/F
Cape Town, South Africa
26 days ago
At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
- Lead the Project on the preparation phase (Pre NTP) including Site team definition, documentation review and validation, procurement of all equipment and subcontractors.
- Manage the execution of one or several PV Solar plants (utility scale) throughout its life cycle within schedule, budget, and quality.
- Define the execution and subcontracting strategy for the project.
- Always assure that the Works are executed considering (as a minimum) local communities, applicable environmental standards as well as Health & Safety regulations.
- Achieve project completion on time, under budget and with the highest Quality and HSE standards.
- Lead and take full responsibility on all Project controls processes: cost controls, contract management and scheduling.
- Lead the project team members both within the function (engineering, procurement, construction teams, contract management, HSE),external within Voltalia (finance, asset management, etc) and external advisors (Owner Engineers, ED advisors, CLO etc).
- Effectivilely commnicate all project stakeholder project progress and possible alternative plans to recuperate possible project deviations.
- Direct interface with Client at project level.
- Liaise with development and project finance teams to identify possible conflict on execution because of their different areas of concern (permiting and funding).
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact (always have a plan B).
- “No surprises” approach to project execution.
- Management of the project contractual obligations.
- Project reporting (internal and external).
- Establish cost report and KPIs for control of the project.
- Compliance with Voltalia policies and procedures about HSE policy.
- Master’s degree in Engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in execution of EPC projects of medium to large size.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience with medium and large size projects (preferably in the energy sector)
- Having experience dealing with the local utility (ESKOM) with proven track of 2 projects already connected to the grid.
- Master’s degree in project management or PMP is a plus.
- Having experience in Contract, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Deep knowledge on Project controls (cost controls, contract management and scheduling).
- Consolidated knowledge in planning software (Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Fluent in English, other languages would be a plus.
- Cost Control - Plan and prepare accurate project estimates. Establish cost report for control of projects.
- HSE & Quality Management - Compliance with Voltalia policies and procedures. Implement lessons learned system.
- Deep understanding related to the requirements set for in the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment.
- Capability to lead diverse international teams located in different parts of the world.
- Strong Customer and Business focus; Effective management of multiple stakeholders.
- Creative problem solving for critical projects/ crisis situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and negotiate successful solutions.
- Ability to lead a network functionally and to work in a complex matrix organization.
- Resilience under stressful conditions and adverse environmental.
- Autonomy as worker and team player.
Voltalia South Africa
Construction Large Projects & New Geog.
South Africa, Cape Town