COE Electrical Engineer M/F
Cape Town, South Africa
26 days ago
At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
- Responsible for providing engineering support in South Africa and regional projects
- Technical support to projects in development, construction or operation (layout, sizing, Energy Yield Assessment, technical/cost analysis, electrical design, etc…) for internal and external clients
- Asset Owner support at each stage: Investment Proposal, Construction, Repowering, etc…
- Grid Connection support, validation, submission
- Procurement support: Qualifying supplier, technical specification assistance
- Providing competence on solar, wind and storage projects
- Provide technical support in different stages of the project (development, commercial/bid and construction phases);
- Analysis of received technical information for a specific project (including RFP/RFQ and tenders) and evaluation of its impact in the electrical design of the project;
- Solutions optimization, considering both technical and economic perspectives;
- Energy yield assessments using simulation software as PVsyst, following the rules and guidelines defined by the Solar Competence Center;
- Analysis/comparison of meteorological data, estimated gross production, estimated net production for the time frame required (maximum PPA);
- Execution of electrical diagrams (Single Line Diagrams – SLD);
- Bill of quantities preparation (on the electrical side);
- Execution of technical documents (Written Parts, Drawings, O&M Dossier);
- Perform technical descriptions, technical calculations, technical specifications, drawings for project licensing, EPC and execution;
- Perform executive designs (on the electrical side);
- Provide technical support during construction and execute the as-built documentation according to the changes made during the construction.
- Technical assessment and support on site surveys;
- Analysis of the technical information or inputs given by the Power Systems team regarding Grid Code requirements, PoCC specifications and limitation, and grid support;
- Analysis of the availability of a plot (Capacity Study) for the construction of a power plant, involving the Civil team on the process;
- Provide inputs to CAD design team for the design of power plants, regarding local constraints, specificities of the project, electrical configuration and technical conditions and monitor the progress of their work;
- Provide inputs for the execution of preliminary layouts;
- Monitoring of all relevant project's electrical drawings and final review;
- Study of alternative engineering solutions for project optimization;
- Review and verification of external service provider's design and calculations, when subcontracted by Voltalia;
- Market analysis (on electrical side);
- Contact with suppliers for technical discussion of existing and/or alternative solutions, or under technical arrangements to electrical infrastructure;
- Master’s degree or Degree in Electrical/ Electrotechnical Engineering (preferred), graduated from recognized leading Engineering School
- 10 years minimum experience in engineering/renewables.
- Good skills in CAD tools and simulation tools (PVSys, WaSP, WindPRO).
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in electrical projects. Photovoltaic projects (valued);
- Previous Team Management appreciated.
- Complete knowledge of regulatory framework
- Good local network with external players in the sector and good analytical skills;
- English: Fluent
- Local languages, French or Portuguese are a plus.
- Analysis and interpretation ability
- Availability and sense of responsibility;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to manage stress and to work under pressure;
- Resilience ability and proactivity;
- Good team work skills;
- Availability for national and international travels.
- Proactivity and Initiative spirit
- Autonomous with Teamwork skills
- Good organization level
- Negotiation skills
Voltalia South Africa
South Africa, Cape Town