At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
Our fast-growing, mission-led, renewable energy company is looking for a highly skilled Project Manager to join our friendly UK team.
With experience in utility scale solar energy projects, we are looking for an individual who is technically capable and has the knowledge and ability to lead project stakeholders, working on-site with our passionate UK local site team, ensuring on-time, high quality project delivery.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate individual to pursue a career with Voltalia, contributing to local community development and to a green energy future for the UK.
- Lead the Project on the preparation phase (Pre NTP) including Site team definition, documentation review and validation, procurement of all equipment and subcontractors.
- Manage the execution of one or several PV Solar plants (utility scale) throughout its life cycle within schedule, budget, and quality.
- Always assure that the Works are executed considering (as a minimum) local communities and environment
- Achieve project completion on time, under budget and with the highest Quality and HSE standards.
- Lead and take full responsibility on all Project controls processes: cost controls, contract management and scheduling.
- Lead the project team members both within the function (engineering, procurement, construction teams, contract management, HSE) and external within Voltalia (finance, asset management, etc)
- Effectively communicate all project stakeholder project progress and possible alternative plans to recuperate possible project deviations.
- Direct interface with Client at project level.
- Liaise with development and project finance teams to identify possible conflict on execution because of their different areas of concern (permitting and funding)
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact (always have a plan B).
- “No surprises” approach to project execution.
- Management of the project contractual obligations.
- Project reporting (internal and external);
- Establish cost report and KPIs for control of the project. ·
- Compliance with Voltalia policies and procedures about HSE policy.
- Position size: Investments up to 200 M€.
- Master’s degree in Engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in execution of EPC. projects of medium to large size.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience with medium and large size projects (preferably in the energy sector).
- Master’s degree in project management or PMP is a plus.
- Having experience in Contract, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Deep knowledge on Project controls (cost controls, contract management and scheduling).
- Consolidated knowledge in planning software (Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Fluent in English, French and or Portuguese advanced, other languages would be a plus.
- Cost Control - Plan and prepare accurate project. estimates. Establish cost report for control of projects.
- HSE & Quality Management - Compliance with Voltalia policies and procedures. Implement lessons learned system.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment.
- Capability to lead diverse international teams located in different parts of the world.
- Strong Customer and Business focus; Effective management of multiple stakeholders.
- Creative problem solving for critical projects/ crisis situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and negotiate successful solutions.
- Ability to lead a network functionally and to work in a complex matrix organization.
- Resilient under stressful conditions and adverse environmental.
- Autonomous worker and team player.
United Kingdom, Stonehouse (Bristol Area)