Vestas are the global leader in wind power solutions. We are powering the energy transition globally, and are experiencing significant growth in Australia and New Zealand. There has never been a better time to consider moving to, or growing your career in the renewable energy industry. We are proud to share the following career opportunity with you, and look forward to receiving your application or enquiry.
This role is for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic electrician or mechanical technician to work in our service team as a technician. The successful applicant must hold a recognised Australian trade certificate.
The department is a small team environment based on site at Turitea Wind Fam. Service technicians report to the site supervisor and are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the wind turbines in accordance with the contract. Support is provided by an administrator and a planner with KPIs given by the Area Service Manager.
- Undertake scheduled service and reactive maintenance on as required basis
- Respond and attend site outside normal working hours to undertake reactive maintenance on a rostered basis
- Maintain all company vehicles and plant and equipment in good clean condition
- Undertake operations and maintenance within the limits of training and authorisation including operation of HV and LV
- Ensuring that each task is undertaken in a manner that ensure the safety of personnel, protects the environment and work methods are followed at all times
- Undertake the site induction
- Undertake the requirements of the SMA (Service Maintenance Agreement)
- Complying with the duty of care assigned under OH&S legislation and demonstrate commitment to accident prevention
- Observing all work instructions, procedures, safety codes of practice, employer OH&S and Environmental requirements and statutory rules and regulations
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Participate in safety, toolbox or other meetings where required All other duties within competence, skill, qualifications and experience as directed
- Electrical or mechanical trade certificate Full clean driving license
- PC literate, preferably MS Office
- Ability to learn new skills
What We Offer:
- A professional safety culture
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development Global career progression prospects
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job
- We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.