Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Transport
Transport procurement department is an integral part of the Global Procurement organization and deals with transport supplier. The team must secure transport capacity at the right safety, quality and cost level.
The Transport Procurement team consists of a global team, covering the following categories: Project Transport - vessel chartering, road & rail transport of oversized components, Port handling and General transport- Ocean, Air, overland road, Express/courier services and warehousing. Each of the functions support international and domestic transportation activities for Vestas Manufacturing, Sales, Services and the Supply chain organization.
- Identify business requirements/internal demand (short and long term)
- Aligning capacity demands of global transport
- Negotiate transport prices to safeguard budgets and establish contracts with transport vendors and negotiate contracts, as well as frame agreements.
- Research and develop supply market and assess supply risks and opportunities
- Communication and relationship development with senior global, regional, and local stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree within a relevant area or similar working experience
- Working experience within a Transport company, shipping line or freight forwarder giving ability to operate effectively within a matrix environment
- Comprehensive analytical experience and able to work in excel and with pivots
- Knowledge of large complex contracts
- Great negotiation & interpersonal skills
- Good at identifying and define problems, including cost analysis and financial abilities
- Deep understanding of the transport market dynamics
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to direct change and influence others
- Result-oriented, innovative, self-motivated
- Advanced communication skills in English
We offer you an exciting job with great opportunities for both professional and personal development within the renewable energy industry. You will be provided with a personal opportunity to set your footprints within an essential area in Vestas. You will be part of an international team, with a "can-do" attitude.
Location: DK Aarhus (preferred) or Copenhagen, PL Warsaw, DE Hamburg or ES Madrid
Expected travel: up to 25 days
For additional information, please contact Torben Andersen, VP, Head of Transport +45 4084 4512
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 24th February 2024.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.