Technical Support Operator
Warrington, United Kingdom
24 days ago
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Troubleshooting Offshore & MultiBrand NCE
Technical Support Multibrand is a sub department of Technical Support North Central Europe (NCE), which regionally support the Service and R&D business with technical knowledge and acting as the link between Development and local business units.
The work will be on existing and new technologies contracted by Vestas. Your primary responsibility is:
- Advanced remote troubleshooting & Technical planning
- Identifying the correct paperwork/documentation
- Identifying the correct components needed to carry out the job
- On-site support in troubleshooting of difficult-to-solve/first-of-its-kind issues
- Evaluating technical customer questions and reports, and providing answers and presenting technical matters at customer meetings
- Handling requests in ticketing systems
- Being the link between Technical Support (region) and Technology R&D
To qualify for this position, it is necessary that you have:
- Electrical or mechanical education combined with experience from the wind industry. (Or, relevant technical education, such as: Electrical, Mechanical)
- Several years of experience in the field in troubleshooting or other technical experience with Multibrand turbines
- Advanced PC skills - SAP, Microsoft office suite
- Good knowledge of WTG control systems
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and in writing
- Ability to participate effectively as part of a cross-regional team / North Central Europe (NCE) team
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work both with limited supervision and as a part of the team
- Good pragmatical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and a solid commitment to quality
What we offer
You will become part of a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is prepared to support when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
This role is based in the UK and must be situated within the UK to be eligible for this role.
There may be some travel of up to 30 – 45 days within this role.
We process received applications on an ongoing basis. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible and no later than 2nd of May 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.