Region NCE > SBU NCE Construction & Operations > Contract Management Offshore North & West
Construction is responsible for installing, commissioning and finally handover of wind farms to our customers. Working closely together with the customer and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, cost effectively and with a high-quality standard.
Contract Management department within NCE Construction is responsible for overseeing the turbine supply agreement's execution, safeguarding Vestas' rights under turbine supply and supplier agreements, assisting with resolving disputes and implementing changes to the scope, schedule, and budget of these agreements.
- Team Management (staffing, onboarding, setting goals, development plans, performance evaluations, workload distribution).
- Support in Department Strategy development & deployment
- Counseling team and stakeholders on strategic contractual setups, highlighting major commercial and contractual risks and the proposed resolution
- Proposing initiatives to support the reduction of up-stream/down-stream contract misalignments
- Promoting the creation of "lessons learnt exercises" for the NCE projects and marketing them with various stakeholders to ensure monitoring and implementation
- Leading the resolution of complex commercial disputes and settlements
- Facilitate growth and development of the Contract Management department, including delivering new initiatives both within the department and outwardly towards internal stakeholders
- The continual development of contract management processes and procedures
- Provide mentoring and coaching support, sharing of experiences and act as role model in the department
- Represent the department during Vestas improvement initiatives
- Responsible for driving change and improving quality inwardly within the department and outwardly towards to the business
- Bachelor's degree in quantity surveying, contract management, law, construction, or similar
- Extensive experience in leading complex contract management initiatives, including dispute resolution
- 10-15 years of experience in people leadership
- Advanced negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Comprehensive organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, focused, and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Primary work location: Warrington, GB
Expected travel: up to 60 days per year
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 06/03/2024
You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.