Region NCE > SBU NCE Construction & Operations > Installation Offshore
The Construction & Operations Department oversees all wind farm projects from start to completion. The team takes responsibility for a wind farm once a contract has been signed and remains responsible until the final tests are completed. Working closely with logistics, procurement and finance departments, the team must keep the project on budget and on schedule and ensures our ongoing safety and quality standards are met.
As the Site Manager, Offshore Installation, your main responsibility will be the organisation of quayside construction sites with the focus on safety, quality, budget, and time, as well as to:
- Oversee all construction daily activities to monitor compliance with safety and quality regulations
- Plan and schedule resources in line with Project Programs
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Meet contractual conditions of performance by reviewing the work progress daily
- Plan to prevent problems and resolve any emerging situations
- Evaluate, handle, and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution is good to have.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Site Manager or Supervisor, ideally offshore, during either the construction or operation and maintenance phase beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience planning and controlling heavy lift activities
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, models and methods as well as process safety standards and local legislation
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Ability to obtain and hold GWO and country specific Construction Medical check certification
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- You are a motivated and results-orientated team member who puts a great emphasis on safety
- You have strong analytical skills while also being able to balance responsibilities and prioritise workloads
- Power to influence, both independently and as a collaborator
- Competent in conflict and crisis management, while also being able to stay professional in time-sensitive situations
- Leadership and human resource management skills
- You possess a leadership style that empowers and motivates the team around you. Identifying and utilising team members skills, knowledge, and experience
- Intercultural competencies
- Good time and project management skills
What we offer:
We offer an exiting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at a global wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.You will become part of a highly professional environment with a solid technical commitment. You will get an innovative opportunity to influence the building of complex projects and your own position in an informal and rapidly development environment.
Primary work location: Offshore Wind Sites in NCE and APAC regionsExpected number of worldwide travel days: 180 days per year based on 2.5 weeks on site and 1.5 weeks off in Europe, when travelling to APAC you will be on site for 3.5 weeks and off for 2.5 weeks.
Travelling to APAC is mandatory.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, however we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 8/12/2023. Your CV and cover letter should be in English.
You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.
Join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the sense of making a positive difference in the job – professionally and personally.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.