Service > Service UK/Ireland > Customer Support Engineers
Operating within the Northern Europe business units of Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Vestas Celtic Wind Technology Ltd focuses exclusively on selling, constructing, and operating onshore wind power plants in UK and Ireland. With offices in Warrington and Dublin, the Service Department looks after the servicing and maintenance of wind turbines in the UK and Ireland.Vestas Celtic Wind Technology Ltd is synonymous with professionalism, innovation, and the capability of providing robust business solutions for our customers. To achieve our targets, we offer our employees a good working environment where openness, enthusiasm, and willpower are the daily ingredients to embrace exciting tasks. If you are as enthusiastic about the wind industry as we are, you may be the colleague we are looking for.
The position of Customer Support Engineer reports directly to the Team Lead, working with a team of Customer Support Engineers and Customer Managers.Your scope of work will be:
- Providing first-line customer communication, ensuring execution to the scope of contracts and customer commitments, coordinating the customer relationship, and seeking aftermarket sales
- First-line technical support to customers and be the prime interface between customers and Technical Support
- Supporting Customer Managers in resolving customer issues
- Communicating effectively with all departments, in order to maintain a good level of interaction with the field and within the office
- Transact business, notifications, service orders, quotations, etc. on SAP. Actively seek and identify parts sales, aftermarket sales options, and upgrades
- Technical education (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic)
- Previous experience in a customer-facing position, customer service, or technical support. (for example, within the power generation or the oil & gas sectors)
- Familiarity with wind turbines or rotating machinery, plant, processes, or systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Fluency in English
- Comprehensive stakeholder management and customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and able to stay motivated in busy times
- Problem-solving mentality, able to get things done
- Focused and eager for improvement
- Structured and accurate
- Great communications skills both written and oral
- Enjoy working as part of a team, as well as being able to work with no supervision and have a good sense of humor
What we offer
We offer an exciting chance to engage with some of our customers on a wide range of our technical offerings within our Service department, you'll get to work with some of the new long-term projects for the future of our Service business. It's a busy and ever-changing environment where no day is the same.
We look forward to seeing your application as soon as possible, as interviews will be held on a regular basis.Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 25th of October. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.