SBU NCE > Service Region North and West > Asset Management
Based in the UK the Asset Manager will work extensively with internal colleagues from across the business in ensuring compliance with contractual, regulatory requirements and legal requirements. The successful candidate must be aware of the ever changing legislation relating the civil and electrical balance of plant to ensure that Vestas continue to deliver best practice in asset managing wind power plants.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- The Asset Manager holds key responsibility in the safe running of the wind farm and will have specific duties that they are legally required to be responsible for
- You will work closely with the customer and is responsible for the wider management and supervision of the wind farms operations and maintenance
- Provide proactive solutions to the service programs and tasks ahead of regular scheduled maintenance
- Ensure all reporting, scheduling, and operational equipment documentation are up to date and available for review both internally and externally
- Ensuring sufficient personnel available to perform normal maintenance and repair faults on cBoP and eBoP
- Customer and regulatory management
- You will have a proven history from a mechanical, electrical or hydraulics background within a similar industry
- Solid experience in leading the asset management and having a strategic overview of the whole wind farm operation
- Proven experience of understanding complex operations of power plants
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Master's Degree is a plus, but not required
- 3-5 years of experience in working in Asset Management
- Experience working in a global organization with complex geographical context (matrix organization)
- Experience with stakeholder and customer management, managing sub-contractors across multiple geograpies
- Adept at problem solving, gathering and sharing information, with sound business judgment
As a person, we believe you have/are:
- Business focused and customer-oriented
- Self-organized, self-driven and stress-resistant
- Desire to challenge the status quo and be hungry for continuous improvement
- A 'can do'-attitude to ensure things are acted upon in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with global colleagues including working with different cultures, in different time zones and in different formats (online and offline)
- Ability to network well across company with a deep knowledge of each Asset Management
What we offer
We offer an environment where you are working towards the energy solutions of the future. Here you will work alongside some of the most knowledgeable people in the renewable industry. We offer an exciting opportunity to be a key driver in how we optimize our asset management capabilities. You will be able to grow your career in an evolving forward-thinking company fully engaged with enabling the world's continuing move towards more sustainable solution.
Your work location will be Warrington.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV, no later than on the 25th of August.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.