17 days ago
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Technicians Ireland Mid West
The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farms within UK and Ireland. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will be required to develop a detailed knowledge of our wind turbines to enable you to perform daily maintenance and other field service-related tasks
- Working to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met, you will be part of a team of technicians working throughout the region
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas's specifications
- Component replacement (both electrical and mechanical) and troubleshooting on the systems
- Working with both the other technicians and supervisors in the field, whilst also having regular contact with the office-based staff
You will have a proven history from a mechanical, electrical or hydraulics background within a similar industry.
- You must have proven problem solving and fault-finding skills
- The ability to work at height and in adverse weather conditions
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence
- Previous accreditation as an AT/CT under WTSR would be advantageous
As a person, we believe you have/are:
- Experience of team working
- An enthusiastic approach, being self-motivated and well organised
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both internal and externally
- A significant understanding of, and commitment to, the highest standard of health & safety in the work environment
- A good level of computer literacy, used to software, apps and related tools
- Health & Dental Care
- Sick Pay
- 25 Holiday Days
And More! We also offer a competitive salary which is above the union rate!
Your work location will be at Vestas office at Thurles, IE. Travel is expected across UK & Ireland and occasional travel across Europe.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 27th of March.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.