Vestas is hiring in Taranto!
The MED Technical Sales department is the unit of the Vestas Technology R&D (Vestas Power Solutions), accountable for understand market technical and operational requirements, to unlock customer value thru timely deployed value engineered solutions, while securing Vestas quality and profitability in the Mediterranean Region.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide the technical support to Turkish and Italian Sales Team, and take full accountability for the technical solution and define the best technical solution in collaboration with rest of the functions, during sales and construction phase.
- Effectively supervise the technical value engineering of customer projects and direct technical negotiations as an important member of the sales team
- Ensure timely responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, as well as technical annexes and contract schedules during contract negotiations
- You will need to network to build relationships with the key technical people in your customers' organization, promoting their requirements inside Vestas and ensuring they prefer to use Vestas
- Understanding of the market, customer business cases and sales' perspective in general; track of the local rules and legislation and participate in working groups where required to define the right set of market requirements.
- Master's degree in Engineering field as Aeronautics, Electrical or Mechanical , combined with a Commercial/ Business insight.
- 2 years work experience in technical role in Wind Industry or Energy sector
- Previous experience in directing technical negotiation, ideally in wind energy sector.
- More important than formal education is the willingness and motivation to learn.
- Fluent in business English is needed, both spoken and written. Turkish or Italian will be an asset
The Technical Bid Specialist role is a highly diversified role that requires solid technical skills, a solid commercial insight as well as high degree of assertiveness and coordination.
What we offer.
We offer you a job with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at a well-known manufacturer of wind turbines.
We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional team working in a rapidly developing environmen.
Living in or near Taranto is required.