At Vestas we are powered by the dream of changing the world. And to create a sustainable future, we are building a team of passioned visionaries. Would you like to join us?
Vestas is the world's largest wind turbine manufacturing company with significant operations in the United States.
- Implement safety practices and protocol at the site level in alignment with organizational standards
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and work site is safe for all employees, customers, subcontractors and the public.
- Champion the journey to an incident, injury and illness free culture and environment; maintain close partnership with the Health, Safety and Environment department
- Monitor project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with the customer, BOP Contractor, and internal partners; pursue "ambassador" status with their customer(s) and a site that is focused on customer loyalty standards
- Understand the wind turbine technology including how to install, commission and operate a wind turbine in order to develop efficient cost-effective team models that ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for developing and implementing the project execution budget including improving operational efficiency (lowers cost/MWH)
- Establish the most effective and efficient staffing model to meet operational goals
- Monitor costs that impact the bottom line; implement initiatives that improve efficiency and effectiveness; responsible for liquidated damages mitigation
- Ensure site data is updated and processed in a timely manner in the appropriate information systems for reporting and tracking purposes including summary of construction progress
- Responsible for accurate documentation for billing and providing support for efficient accounts receivable
- Inspect work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications to ensure quality standards are met.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.)
- Represent Vestas core values and champion high standards of performance
- Coach, mentor and develop Assistant Construction Managers, Lead Technicians, Field Support Coordinators, QSE Professionals, and Technicians
- Anticipate, monitor and meet the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate manner. Demonstrate a personal commitment to identify customers' apparent and underlying needs and continually seeks to provide the highest quality service and product to all customers
- Communicate Vestas' vision in ways that gain the support of others; mentor, motivate and guide others toward goals
- Adjust planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Accept responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Responsible for understanding and fulfilling Vestas contractual responsibilities and deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience as construction or project manager, project lead, or other management experience, preferably in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting
- Technical background required, especially in substation, electrical instrumentation, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment. Effective knowledge of technical drawings and schematics. Ability to understand and utilize detailed technical information to solve complex problems
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety procedures and management
- Effective leadership skills. Demonstrated ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking. Ability to apply expertise to get results
- Proven continuous improvement and quality methodology skills including root cause analysis / closed loop corrective action and Lean concepts. Proven issue resolution and structured problem-solving methodology. Promotes improvement in existing products and services to better meet customer needs
- Previous budgeting, cost management and scheduling experience. Background in business fundamentals and solid business financial knowledge preferred
- Current PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred
- Will be required to travel and work directly from a construction site
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to interact frequently with others in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to effectively develop a team
- Will be required to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the duration of the task
- Must have a valid driver's license
What We Offer:
We offer an exciting position with great development opportunities in an inspiring environment at the world's number one wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a commitment to sustainability and safety and you will work among colleagues that take care of each other.
- Attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry
- Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off policies
- Great 401(k) plan (with employer match)
- Tuition assistance
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.