Manufacturing and Global Procurement > COO NCE > Logistics Szczecin
In the role as Logistics Manager you will be responsible for planning, implementing and controlling the effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and point of consumption to meet agreed requirements. You are skilled in creating best practices for logistics in a new established factory, and a great understanding of the needs to create the necessary flow.
The factory is set to be operational late 2024, so in the first months in the role, the focus will be on creating a solid logistics team and collaboration with the other managers on creating processes across the teams.
You will play an important role in setting op the logistic area for this new factory and overseeing all supply chain related operations. In details you will
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment within your area
- Setup, train and supervise the new logistic team
- Establish good relation and communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously drive improvement activities within factory and logistics department
- Ensure material is available to support production plan and accountable for yearly stock count and periodic cycle count set up for plant
- Provide expert advice in logistic to the sites management team and organize and develop own team within Logistics to meet production plan requirements
- In general to support and optimize the processes related to warehouse, planning and purchasing
- Experience in logistics management is required and preferably experience in establishing new logistic setups, including setting a new team and develop it from the very beginning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software, among others SAP
- Good management and organizational skills
- Diploma/ education in logistics and warehouse management – is welcomed
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements
- Fluency in English and Polish is required
- Good Communication and Presentation skills
- System, Product and Process Knowledge
- Knowledge of Organization
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment with the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in alt solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a good technical commitment.
For this position we also offer extensive training on one of our current factories in Denmark.
Work location:Szczecin, Poland.
Travel days: up to 100 days travel mostly within Denmark the first year.
Application deadline:11 March 2024. We reserve the right to take down the job ad before this date if the right candidate is identified before.
Start date:1st March 2024 or before/after mutually agreed.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.