São Paulo, Brazil
7 days ago
You will be part of an External Manufacturing (Towers), within Regional Supply Chain in LATAM region who is responsible for delivering wind towers on demand and of the highest quality through sub-contracted activities in LATAM Region.
The Project leader role is to work as an effective Catalyst between various Functional departments and Business Units of Vestas across the globe to execute internal & external projects successfully
- Ensure tower manufacturing in assigned suppliers, is executed on time fulfilling Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Targets of the company as per plan.
- Managing outsourced manufacturing of wind towers in LATAM Region.
- Cross functional collaboration with stakeholders of towers through the supply chain (from Material Purchasing to towers production and delivery to customer). The primary object is to have turbine towers ready in accordance with demand plans.
- Develop new sub-contractors for tower production within LATAM Region.
- Ensure resource availability with all stakeholders to manage projects without any delays.
- Proactive risk mitigation of key risks in project cycle including appropriate communication to key stakeholders and Management team.
- Secure execution of NPI
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering/management
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in handling Projects
- Experience on wind turbine tower manufacturing will be an advantage but not a requirement.
- Knowledge on steel manufacturing processes
- Knowledge about improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, etc) is an advantage.
- Change management skills (good in communication, training, coaching)
- Self-driven, proactive - take responsibility to ensure progress and results
- Open and seek collaboration with team-members + engage proactive approach with staff in each function across the organization.
- Take responsibility for own area and interact as integrated team-member with other team members
- Accept guidelines from functional Management and proactively inform them on issues, risks etc. for full transparency on progress, situation etc.
- Language: Fluent English
- Understand Production setup thoroughly (including planning and execution) and Systems / Processes followed in large companies
- Pragmatic / hands on approach
- Ability to cope with high pressure at times and get things done with quality
- You are motivated by taking the lead and participating in setting the agenda
- High interpersonal skills (able to communicate clearly at any level)
- Should have a minimum of 8 Years of relevant work experience in Engineering & Manufacturing Industries, which includes Sourcing, Technology (R &D), Heavy engineering installations, Service etc.
- Should have the ability to understand the Full Value Chain in any organization with detailed level of Economic understanding and be able to define Critical path in any project to work focused.
- High level of Project management skills with technical back-ground is a must.
- Project management skills with ability to work cross cultural and cross functional environment are needed.
What We Offer
In this job you can be sure to be continuously challenged by new and exciting tasks and projects that will grow both your professional and personal skills. You will have a thorough introduction and in collaboration, we will create a motivating career plan that makes sense to you and Vestas.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.