20 days ago
- Day to day technical support to Service Operations (troubleshooting).
- Customer interface for technical issues (questions and problems) related to Service Business.
- Engineering support on locally developed solutions for the existing fleet.
- Lead changes on the existing fleet by providing input in centralized processes (CIM, ECR, projects).
- Ensure deployment of technical solutions to sites.
- Ensure correct SW and parameter settings on sites.
- Technical support on troubleshooting of mechanical components.
- Act as a liaison between Service Vestas and R&D department Vestas wind system A/S to improve turbine performance.
- Act as a liaison between field personnel, vendors, customers, and Continuous Improvement Management\R&D.
- Prepare technical reports including root cause analysis for failed components (mainly main components) in order to improve turbine performance.
- Create method of procedures, guides to aid Field Services in inspection of the wind turbine.
- Review work instructions, technical drawings, external inspection reports, perform project site observations with minimum assistance.
- Ability to provide support to the legal department in mechanical technical issues.
- Create and deliver technical presentations to internal and external customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience (2yrs +) in mechanical systems evaluation of a wind turbine.
- English language written and spoken.
- Portuguese language written and spoken (desirable).
- Strong technical skills with emphasis in problem solving and root cause failure analysis.
- Microsoft Office and statistical software such as Weibull and Minitab.
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily work under a growing environment.
- Excellent capacities to work as a part of a team.
Location: Santiago - Chile.
What we offer ?
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. You will have the opportunity of developing a career in a very exciting industry in a global company. You will work as part of a distributed team across LATAM and have to opportunity to gain international experience.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings