14 days ago
This is a unique role, working in a team of 6 to service a brand new state of the art turbine platform. The knowledge and experienced gained in this position will carry your career through many years to come.
EVP APC > Service APAC > Service AU/NZ
Working as a Service Technician at Vestas is your opportunity to leverage your electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic experience while being part of the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. In Vestas, we have installed more wind power than anyone else, and the maintenance and service activities you do every day will contribute to us maintaining the best possible quality vital for both our customers and the very planet.
We offer technical training programs to ensure that Vestas' Service Technicians are some of the most technically accomplished people in the industry. We take elaborate measures to keep you safe - at Vestas, we operate by a safety-first principle and working safely is a condition of employment. In the service department, our focus is to provide our clients with high quality and best possible maintenance and operational service of their wind farm throughout Australia.
Work location: Dulacca - Please note this is not a FIFO role, we can provide accommodation for 6-12 months initially.
Working hours: 8 hours / day, approximately oncall once every 3-4 weeks on the weekend
Join us in fulfilling our vision of becoming the global leader in sustainable energy solutions.
- Work to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas' specifications alongside both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics component replacement and troubleshooting
- Ensure a smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems within condition monitoring and remote control
- Maintain an efficient service vehicle and well-stocked warehouse by ordering materials, tools, and spare parts when needed
- Assemble components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Proactive contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- A Grade Electrical trade certificate
- Exposure and experience to HV highly desirable
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety and environmental requirements
- You will be a strong collaborator with clear communication
- A significant understanding of and commitment to the highest standard of health and safety in the work environment
- Ability to climb a wind turbine and perform tough physical work in heights as well as in various weather conditions
- Open to travel to other sites when required
- Enjoy working in teams and communicating with numerous stakeholders; you will work closely with others in the field but also connect with the wider business
- Solutions-oriented, independent, and well organized in your work
What we offer
- A strong safety culture
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Global career progression prospects.
- All potential employees will be subject to undertake a full medical assessment to be considered for this role.
- Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.