Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Manufacturing > Global Installation & Maintenance
As a Commissioning Site Supervisor in the Launch and Execution Department - Global PE Blade commission team, you will be responsible for installation and commissioning of Blade production lines, both the technical installation as well as the related groundwork. Your focus is to ensure that installation and commissioning of the equipment meets Vestas Manufacturing standards of safety, time, quality, and cost targets/requirements. You will report directly to the manager for Global PE Blade commissioning and your primary place of work is in the field but in between projects your workplace will be in the office at our facility in Lem. We are looking for someone who wants to spend 100 to 150 travelling days per year, with main areas for installations and commissioning being Europe, the US and Asia.
In this role you will ensure a safe work environment by acting in compliance with Vestas' HSE requirements. Other responsibilities will include:
- Participate in DBM meetings, Reporting on installation and repair activities on all equipment
- Make sure the tools and equipment are ready well before the SOP,
- Coordinate tool rework with technical support and maintenance team (internal or with local suppliers)
- Ensure that quality is paramount from shipment to handover to receiving factory
- Provide input to TRS on installation parameters
- Support Tooling Dept. during the FAT/Site Acceptance Test with the customer
- Monitor and report on SAT readiness, align on SAT initiation date with TechLead
To qualify for this position, it is necessary that you have:
- A technical diploma/degree - e.g., electrical, mechanical, automation or electro-mechanical
- Experience from the wind industry is beneficial - e.g., with commissioning and troubleshooting
- Great skills in the English language - written and spoken. Danish is not required.
- Experience supervising others is advantageous as well as experience working in a multicultural environment
To succeed on a personal level, it is important that you possess:
- A safety-first mindset
- Team spirit and good collaboration skills with a willingness to work with different colleagues, nationalities and cultures
- Capacity to supervise and develop several commissioning teams on bigger Construction sites
- Fast learning and adaption skills - and a great interest in learning new things
- Good IT and communication skills and a service-oriented mindset
- An ability to maintain focus in a time-sensitive situation
What we offer
Join us for an exciting journey in an environment supporting personal and professional growth within the global renewable energy industry. At Vestas, we value initiative, responsibility, and a balance between creativity and quality. Experience firsthand our core values: Passion, Accountability, Simplicity, and Collaboration, shaping our work culture and initiatives.
Work location: Lem, DK
This position requires approximately 100-150 days of travel per year
For additional information on the position, please contact Sr. Manager, TS Maintenance & Gl. Installation Jan Brun Iversen +45 4019 2521
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 25 February 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.