Global Service Operations > Global Operations Engineering > GOS - Gl. MultiBrand
The Multibrand Platform Engineer is a part of the Global Operations Support department and works with several other professionals in our organization, such as project managers, planning, purchasing and supply chain department, commercial, training and SCADA.
In Global Multibrand Operations, it is our vision to professionalize the way we take over Multibrand sites and implement a Vestas standard to increase the availability of our Multibrand wind farms and enhance customer satisfaction. It is our responsibility to review the needs in the Multibrand area and to work with teams across regions to ensure that all required tools and procedures are in place.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for support and escalations at Suzlon Multi-brand sites globally. Your responsibility will be to facilitate the regions in development, operations and escalations, reduce downtime and increase availability. Further:
- Acts as a Global Engineering anchor for Suzlon Multibrand Platforms which have been developed
- Deliver projects and coordinates improvement initiatives and innovative solutions
- The Multibrand Platform Engineer will develop and maintain a global network with various departments to ensure the safe operation of the platforms as well as maximising knowledge sharing across the globe
- Platform performance management - set targets for measuring the success of Platform Engineering, and measure according to these targets
- Participation in workshops and virtual team meetings in order to gather input and bring it to the right attention
- Gather implementation requirements, plans, execution and reporting
- Communicate Multi-brand platform status regularly to relevant stakeholders and gather feedback
On a professional level, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Ideally, a minimum of a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Relevant work experience demonstrating the ability to understand and explain a variety of technologies will be accepted
- At least 5-10 years of Suzlon Engineering background and engineering experience in the Wind industry
- Ability to gather and describe operational requirements, tailor and explain technical issues clearly at all corporate levels with different educational backgrounds
- Proven ability to understand the basics of many different types of electrical, mechanical and information technology-related technologies, and to be able to work with experts in these fields
- Good market understanding of service customers, contractual terms, their needs and the typical technical issues that arise
- Hands-on mentality and quality mindset with good knowledge of General HSE
On a personal level, we envision that you have the following competencies:
- Proven stakeholder management experience, with a demonstrated ability to understand, meet and exceed stakeholder expectations at all management levels
- Fluency in English, both oral and in writing and ability to communicate and present at all corporate levels in multi-cultural environments
- Strategic in evaluating problems and investigate issues in a complex environment
- A pragmatic approach to your tasks and the ability to adjust to change
- Demonstrate good leadership and capable of acting as a motivator
What we offer
We offer you a high degree of end to end project management in the innovative, ever-growing, and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. You will get to work on a high level with the newest state-of-art technologies and have a great impact on the growth of Vestas future projects. You will have many interested and supportive parties across a large true global organization, which has been consolidated and streamlined over the past few years.
The work environment is characterized by being result-orientated and project-focused at a high professional level and with a clear technical commitment. You will experience a 'people first' attitude with a lot of empowerment and responsibilities. In short, join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference for the future.
Your The primary work location can be in Rheine, Germany, Aarhus, Denmark, and Chennai, India however other locations can be considered if we find the right profile.
You can expect a maximum of 20-30 travel days per year.
Please do not hesitate to apply. Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time.
Vestas pride being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.