EVP NCE > Region NCE > Finland
With our Finnish headquarter in Vaasa and warehouses on several locations across Finland, Vestas Northern and Central Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south part of Africa. We are responsible for the sales function, project, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions.
The Service Department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farms within Scandinavia. Vestas Northern and Central Europe aims to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, not only in modern energy, but also in employee and customer satisfaction. With these aspirations, a service technician holds an important role as the frontline of our service agreements, taking care of the customers' turbines. In this role you get to work in an exciting industry in a team of highly engaged employees.
Right now, we are looking for a Service Technician to join our team, doing service and maintenance of the wind farms near Pyhäntä and Kajaani area.
The position requires accuracy and professionalism as the quality and personal safety of our service work is highly considered. To succeed in this role, we believe you possess good knowledge within electricity and mechanics as well as being service-minded and business-oriented. Your responsibilities will be:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Service and maintenance according to agreement, as well as carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs and replacement activities of turbine components
- Frictionless operation of our turbines and use of our systems like condition monitoring and remote control
- Contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Responsibility of the service vehicle, warehouse and order of material, tools and spare parts
- Daily reporting in SAP
On the professional level, we believe you have:
- Degree within electricity, automation or mechanics
- Work experience within electricity, automation or mechanics. You are also eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Hydraulic experience is beneficial
- Fluency in Finnish and good knowledge in English is required
- Computer skills as the tasks includes regular reporting and communication through various systems
- Driving license
On the personality level we believe you have/are:
- Motivated by team work, communication with other parts of the organisation as well as being service-minded
- Structured and independent
- Flexible, as unplanned overtime can occur and also some travelling
- Good physical condition and can handle heavy lifts and work on heights
- High level of safety awareness
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Apart from a competitive salary and benefits, such as gym vouchers and quick access to specialized health care, we invest in your development. After a thorough introduction course, we offer continuous development of your skills with our well established education program. You get to work in a diverse team with motivated service technicians in a stimulating environment of an exciting fast-growing international company, where good communication and structure is the key to good results. As Vestas promotes equality, we welcome both male and female applicants.
This role has the starting point at our warehouse in Pyhäntä or in Kajaani, depending on applicant's preferences.
Travel is to be expected, particularly during the initial training period but also to other sites in the region.
A requirement for this position is passing an extensive health check that will be carried out during the recruitment process.
Please apply online no later than the 1st of October 2023.
In case of further questions about the position, please contact the recruiter: Joni Koistinen, at +358404864610, or the hiring manager: Esa Saarenpää, at +358442681102.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.