Supplier Quality Specialist - Towers
19 days ago
Are you ready to use your technical and leadership skills to develop and promote supplier quality & HSE strategy within a global team of truly motivated professionals? Does sound like a great opportunity? Do not hesitate and apply!
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > COO MED > Supplier Quality & Development MED
This position is part of the Supplier Quality & Development in Vestas MED region, which coordinates SQ&D activities and ensures the highest focus on quality, safety, and the environment when developing and implementing the different category strategies while not compromising on agreed processes and the lowest total cost of ownership. The key task is the strategic and operational development of key suppliers in South Europe, Turkey, Middle East & Africa region by performing site audits, supplier assessments, and coordinating QSE improvement projects to enforce high supplier performance, zero incidents, and reduce the number of non-conformities. The SQ&D Department is part of a matrix organization covering global and regional demands collaborating with multiple internal functions i.e. procurement, engineering, manufacturing facilities, service & project management.
- Deploy the Vestas Quality, Safety, and Environment Strategy toward external suppliers
- Responsible for supplier lifecycle management for given commodity, on behalf and in compliance with regional & global strategy
- Implement new markets entry strategy & new supplier onboarding, securing only capable suppliers to become part of Vestas’ supply base
- Deploy APQP4Wind framework for part qualification, securing only capable suppliers are approved
- Coordinate Supplier Business Review Meetings with cross-functional participation
- Identify the systemic issues & promote supplier development plan using a quality toolbox
- Deploy a continuous improvement mindset / framework to secure supplier maturity
- Mater’s or Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent qualification
- Green Belt Six Sigma qualification is beneficial
- Certified auditor for ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 is an added value
- Hands-on experience in APQP framework / certified
- Having +10 years of experience in similar roles / relevant industry background: steel & plate, tower manufacturing, welding, coating, NDT.
- Certified VDA 6.3 process auditor
- Relevant commodity insight with certifications
- Solid project management skills with the ability to coordinate complex development projects across the organization
- Competency in data analytics and solid problem-solving skills, having the ability to identify and deliver actionable solutions to complex problems
- Good communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders within an international, innovative & cross-functional environment
- Motivated personality, independent learning & critical thinking skills.
- Full proficiency in English
What we offer
You will join a team of enthusiastic and solution-oriented colleagues with the mindset to be a part of the climate change solution, by bringing exponential and commercial impact to Vestas's wind power solutions. We work hard and we are focused on bringing value, creative problem-solving, and building something new. You will meet people with a broad range of skills, from a variety of cultures. It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin. We value collaboration, simplicity, and accountability, together with enthusiasm and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
In this position, travel is expected to be approximately 100 days per year. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.