19 days ago
Are you motivated by seeing how your developments turn into sustainable energy solutions?
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Control Platform Software
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development, and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. The Control Software Platform Sub Module is a part of Vestas Power Solutions and we are responsible for delivering the software platform, networking solutions, and related tools to ALL Vestas turbines. As an R&D Developer, you will join the work on new turbine platforms, improvement projects, or future technology projects.
- Be responsible for the network and communication features in the platform
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of new functionality in our software platform
- Be engaged in the early-stage feasibility studies of new products
- Be engaged during the functional and software requirements definition
- Implementing full software development lifecycle, including code review
- Write well-designed and testable code
- Be committed to writing and updating comprehensive technical documentation and maintaining software functionality
- Be a good contributor to the continuous improvement of our processes and tools
- MSc in Computer-science or similar from an accredited University
- Advanced programming skills in C and C++
- Experience with distributed heterogenous and multithreaded software design
- Experience with network, OS, and application performance analysis and optimization
- Experience with Linux operating systems including kernel and driver development
- Experience with socket programming, network concepts, and design
- Experience with Inter-Process Communication (IPC) mechanisms
- Experience with multiplatform middleware and HW/platform abstraction layers
You should have:
- Experience working on a large code base that is continuously maintained and extended over time
- Experience with Time Sensitive Networking, Time-Triggered Ethernet, or similar network technologies
- Experience in real-time embedded systems
- Programming skills in scripting languages Ruby/Python/Bash
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, and other Atlassian tools
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Development
- Experience with interfacing with functional safety systems
- Experience with Intel x86, ARM, and PowerPC processor architectures
To be suitable for the position we expect that:
- You are motivated, problem-solving, and results-oriented and have a good sense of responsibility
- You are able to meet your deadlines with good-quality output
- You have a creative approach to new opportunities
- You achieve your goals as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Last, but not least, you will be required to work within an international team
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a great team in an exciting business with a very comprehensive product range. The working environment in Control Engineering is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with very qualified colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position.
You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.